Edited by sal9000

Stephan from Germany

My System

16 minutes ago, sal9000 said:

Can´t really say that 😉

Screenshot%20(1513).jpg

I love it 🙂

Edit: LOD 125

Where do you get your liveries? Is it all from that GitHub place or can we find them here on the avsim library?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

1 hour ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Where do you get your liveries?

Jepp, its from flightsim.to. , called Breitling TBM930.

I like it, not only for the look, but also for the callsign, there I know that I am meaning from the ATC 😁

Stephan from Germany

My System

Something has changed my sim since I downloaded this tree fix.  I don't know if this tweak is forcing LOD for other things as well, but I don't seem to be getting much pop-in with anything now. 

I just took off from Wycombe Air park outside London, as I turned towards the city, I saw every tall building/skyscraper in the far distance through the haze layer - every one - just a few pixels in the distance to start with, and then they just grew in front of me, no pop-in at all. 

I never saw it like that before.  I then checked with the Hoover Dam and road bridge, which were particularly bad for me before, but once again they gradually faded in from about 20 miles out.  Before, straight after the USA update, I could see them constructing and de-constructing in front of my eyes from about 2 miles out and it looked terrible.

I have a 1080Ti, 4k at 70 % scaling, mainly high and ultra settings.  The strange thing is I have my LOD in sim at only 100 now, but I can still see trees (and other scenery objects) out to as far as I can possible see now.  I wonder if the in-sim settings are buggy, as I was at 200 before and had less range before the tree fix.  I just can't explain it.

It's holding 30 fps easily now at these settings (even over London with Orbx scenery), plus GPU temps are holding well below 80C at around 90% GPU utilisation.  I am locked through RTSS at 30 and -1 on the pre-rendering, and it is really smooth!

It is the best my sim has ever looked, or ever run!  :biggrin: 

I still get the odd bit of landscape morphing and poor coastlines that was introduced by one of the updates recently, but that is for Asobo to fix of course.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 minute ago, bobcat999 said:

and -1 on the pre-rendering, and it is really smooth!

What is this -1 setting? 

Sorry Ian, I just edited it to Riva Tuner (RVSS) which I recommend as you can tweak it on the fly while MSFS is running to see the difference.

-1 in that means pre-render one frame in advance.  So you always have one in the pipeline!  Too many pre-rendered can slow it down though.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

6 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Sorry Ian, I just edited it to Riva Tuner (RVSS) which I recommend as you can tweak it on the fly while MSFS is running to see the difference.

-1 in that means pre-render on frame in advance.  So you always have one in the pipeline!  Too many pre-rendered can slow it down though.

Where in RTSS is the pre-render setting?  I do not see it.

Thanks

19 minutes ago, Blueline308 said:

Where in RTSS is the pre-render setting?  I do not see it.

Thanks

Where it says 'scanline sync', there is a black box to the right.  Click on the blue down-arrow to get -1.

Be careful not to pre-render too many frames i.e. -3, as it can make it worse.  Your GPU can just get overworked and too hot. 

You can also click on the 'scanline sync' text to change it to half refresh rate (of your monitor) or double, or the same.  Once again, this needs to be matched to the frame rate you select.  I have a 60Hz 4k monitor - I set it to half (30Hz) and this matches up with my frames per second count exactly.

If you get it right it is a really smooth experience, but if you don't understand it or not sure of you monitor frequency, you can screw it up.  If you do, just reset it all back to how it was, or simply do not run RTSS in the background.

By the way.  I thought RTSS was rubbish to start with, because I changed the settings then shut it down (like you would with NV Control Panel).  However, you must leave RTSS open in the background or minimised for it to do its work, which is great anyway, as you can alt-tab out of MSFS and adjust settings on the fly so you see the difference instantly if MSFS in running maximised in the background.  

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone - this is a definite keeper! 

I generally only fly VFR with the Cessna 172 and this really makes the trees look great. I was able to turn down my LOD from 200 to 120 with the mod and I think it looks even better now. I am using the blog mod because I like the shortened tree heights.

I'm going to see how this looks in my Oculus VR next :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

I just took off from Wycombe Air park outside London, as I turned towards the city, I saw every tall building/skyscraper in the far distance through the haze layer - every one - just a few pixels in the distance to start with, and then they just grew in front of me, no pop-in at all.

I replicated this flight and WOW! I have default London and all those tall buildings came visible at as far as 20 nautical miles! Still so smoothly running, no stutters. Blog mod in use. Terrain LOD 125.

Edited by Teemu Pienimaki
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Teemu Pienimaki said:

I replicated this flight and WOW! I have default London and all those tall buildings came visible at as far as 20 nautical miles! Still so smoothly running, no stutters. Blog mod in use.

Yes, something strange (but good! 😁) is going on here.  I think it must be a combination of factors.  Loading the tree fix has allowed me to adjust other settings, and lower the LOD setting, which seems to have worked the opposite way to how it should - I just can't explain it.

I am not complaining, it's great!  Five flights now, in different areas of the world, and all with the same result.  I think using this mod has allowed me to find a sweet spot with distant scenery loading while still keeping a great frame rate.  Long may it continue! 👍

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

As a VFR guy, of all the mods I have tried so far, this is the one that has elicited the biggest "WOW!"!

• Like 4