Sign in to follow this  
mrcultureshock

Loose screws causing clicking sound on the roll axis

Hi Chris,

Just wanted to give you a heads up on an issue I'm having. When I used my yoke today, I heard a clicking sound while moving the yoke along the roll axis, near the center. I opened yoke and noticed that the 4 screws that are holding down the enclosure that the yoke pole goes through are loose. This causes the entire enclosure to wobble from side to side, thus causing the clicking sound. I tightened the screws and the clicking sound went away. Is there anything else I need to do?

Here are the location of the screws:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/siW6A1KqPTeQEKHb8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LjENjS7CyZeNF3bo6

Also, when I move the yoke on the pitch axis, I noticed the gear on the left (on the track) is not straight. It's on the track though.

Happy New Year!

Nicolas

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

Hi Nicholas

it is very disappointing to hear that those screws are loose. It seems like they may not have been tightened fully at assembly so all I can do is apologise for the oversight. Since your yoke was shipped we have implemented a better QA process that includes a check of all fixings in the yoke so this is hopefully a one off. 

Regarding the gear, you will find that is is made of a slightly flexible plastic to protect against drop breakage during shipping. This can give a slight wobble when it rotates but has no impact on accuracy as the rack it runs on and the width of the gear are wide enough to allow for this.

Despite  all this being said, if you are not happy with it and are seeing problems then please contact us through the website support or directly via enquiries@fulcrumsim.com and we will replace it.

Chris

39 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

I liked the look of this at the last flightsim show, and the customer service is clearly top notch Chris.  Wishing you good luck!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

58 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

Despite  all this being said, if you are not happy with it and are seeing problems then please contact us through the website support or directly via enquiries@fulcrumsim.com and we will replace it.

Great customer support Chris!

BTW, now I finally know what sensors you are using😄.

1 hour ago, SergeyPe said:

Great customer support Chris!

BTW, now I finally know what sensors you are using😄.

Noooo! The secret is out!! At least you can see they aren't cheap ones!

Thanks @kevinfirth

Edited by tutmeister

2 hours ago, tutmeister said:

At least you can see they aren't cheap ones!

I'm more than happy to see them in a Fulcrum👍.

9 hours ago, mrcultureshock said:

Hi Chris,

Just wanted to give you a heads up on an issue I'm having. When I used my yoke today, I heard a clicking sound while moving the yoke along the roll axis, near the center. I opened yoke and noticed that the 4 screws that are holding down the enclosure that the yoke pole goes through are loose. This causes the entire enclosure to wobble from side to side, thus causing the clicking sound. I tightened the screws and the clicking sound went away. Is there anything else I need to do?

Here are the location of the screws:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/siW6A1KqPTeQEKHb8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LjENjS7CyZeNF3bo6

Also, when I move the yoke on the pitch axis, I noticed the gear on the left (on the track) is not straight. It's on the track though.

Happy New Year!

Nicolas

No worries Chris. The yoke is great! The fact that the screws are loose shows you how much I've used it. I commend you for the great design that makes it easy to fix the issue quickly.

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

42 minutes ago, mrcultureshock said:

No worries Chris. The yoke is great! The fact that the screws are loose shows you how much I've used it. I commend you for the great design that makes it easy to fix the issue quickly.

I'm glad you are enjoying it!

I am still concerned that they were loose though because the design does not lend itself to working loose in that way.

There haven't been any other reports of that issue so we will put it down to an oversight on our part during assembly that should not happen again.

As always, just shout if you have any problems.

Chris

Chris, if it's a concern that will keep you up at night, I suggest a dab of "threadlocker" as an easy and inexpensive solution to these kinds of  issues.   Even a low-strength one like Loctite 222 should be more than enough to keep those pesky screws in place for the long term. 

13 hours ago, danwood said:

Chris, if it's a concern that will keep you up at night, I suggest a dab of "threadlocker" as an easy and inexpensive solution to these kinds of  issues.   Even a low-strength one like Loctite 222 should be more than enough to keep those pesky screws in place for the long term. 

Thanks for the reply Dan, thread lock is the easy solution but the reason I want to know if it comes loose again or if it was a one off is because it is a new product. Lots of testing and other users have not highlighted this particular problem which is why I suspect it may have been a simple oversight in assembly. However if it comes loose again it may require thread lock at point of assembly.

thanks for your input.

Chris

• Like 1