Sign in to follow this  
Huascar

VR not ready then?

Nice vid.  How do you record that, when the screen shows two different lenses?  Is there an app to record the whole thing?  Thanks.

Paul Skol

49 minutes ago, Paul_Yorks said:

Nice vid.  How do you record that, when the screen shows two different lenses?  Is there an app to record the whole thing?  Thanks.

I use OBS with Oculus Mirror Tool.(Point OBS at the mirror display)

BTW did you ever solve the FSX micro stutters in Flyinside?

I've been trying for 4 years now just can’t get rid of that slight stutter/frame jump when looking from side to side.... ASW seems to be useless in Flyinside also.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

$899 aud is the cheapest I've seen so far in Australia, even for pre order 5 months back

$485 aud for a new Reverb G1 v2  is about the cheapest I can find

Edited by dogmanbird

it's ready.  i'm getting decent performance on slow and low airplanes with my setup.  runs about the same as p3dv4 or v5 but with much more details. just need to back off on the rendering ss to 70% or below on the g2 hmd or it goes south pretty quick. 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

1 minute ago, kdfw__ said:

it's ready.  i'm getting decent performance on slow and low airplanes with my setup.  runs about the same as p3dv4 or v5 but with much more details. just need to back off on the rendering ss to 70% or below on the g2 hmd or it goes south pretty quick. 

How does it handle airliners like the A320?

11 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

VR is super ready, as long as you come in understanding that you will have to sacrifice some 2D eye candy quality options for performance on any hardware.

I figure that will be the case.

Vr works great in suburban areas. If you want to fly the FBW A320 and land at JFK in vr you need a beefy system.

For me it was mindblowing despite having seemingly the worst hardware specs ever mentioned by somebody. My hardware is a notebook with i7-8750H and 1060GTX, the headset a 1st gen WMR Acer AH101.

The thing is, VR impossibly can be catched in a screen recording or screen shots. The realism of "feeling the position in the air" or "checking where the airport is" by very short glances is unbeatable. Anyway I made this video, that maybe can give you a little bit of an impression, how VR is working:

3 hours ago, mrueedi said:

For me it was mindblowing despite having seemingly the worst hardware specs ever mentioned by somebody. My hardware is a notebook with i7-8750H and 1060GTX, the headset a 1st gen WMR Acer AH101.

Thanks for the video. I have an Oculus Rift and haven't even been able to get a sceenshot. Google tells me to use my "left controller" which I don't possess!

Actually I think I have worse specs (i5 6600 GTX1060) - though I don't suppose it's a competition! Despite that I can run it mostly on "medium" settings - and possibly shift the clouds to "high" if I feel like it. To be fair, though, I only fly the slowest planes (eg an ultralight) which makes a big difference. I tried it with the Daher TBM 930 and it was a bit rubbish when I was anywhere near the ground. I've used Aerofly VR so I know how transformative the VR experience is - indescribable to anybody who hasn't tried it. MSFS isn't as fluid in performance as Aerofly - I could run that with any plane - but the simulation is a lot more complete in terms of scenery, weather, ATC etc. I spent weeks in Aerofly creating scenery for just one corner of the UK.

• Upvote 1

On 12/31/2020 at 12:29 PM, Ian C said:

To be fair, though, I only fly the slowest planes (eg an ultralight) which makes a big difference.

That's true of course. I tried once doing the KaiTak IGS 13 Turn with the 747 in VR. Did not taste well (but still was a fantastic teaser about the potential of VR)...

On 12/31/2020 at 6:29 AM, Ian C said:

To be fair, though, I only fly the slowest planes (eg an ultralight) which makes a big difference.

Honestly that's the only aircraft I enjoy in the new sim for now is the ICON A5.

As for settings its a huge plus that graphics settings can be easily changed on the fly without all the extra loading.

This gives me a ton of flexibility between high and low altitude visual enjoyment at the cost of performance.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2