Sign in to follow this  
Tim1

Graphics issue on P3D menu

Hi!

I've got a little issue with the start-menu of P3D!

This topic has already been asked on the P3D-support site, but with no response, so I give it a retry.. When I start P3D (under admin rights) the window just looks normal, but when I go over the screen with my mouse, most of the buttons and windows disappear. Instead of the buttons and the screen there comes some weired graphic (like in my posted picture) .

I've bought a new PC and reinstalled P3D previously. Former version was v4, now - with the new computer I've upgraded to v4.5. before the PC-change there was no issue.

My specs of the PC are:

Win10, core i9, ASUS ROG STRIX X299 (Mainboard), ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2080 (graphics card)

P3D Add ons:

P3D V4.5, Active Sky v4.5, PTA, AS Simstarter, (and many more - which, however, cannot influence the program to create such a graphics problem - like PFPX)

I really would appreciate, if anyone could help me, thank you!

Greetings,

Just now, Tim1 said:

Hi!

I've got a little issue with the start-menu of P3D!

This topic has already been asked on the P3D-support site, but with no response, so I give it a retry.. When I start P3D (under admin rights) the window just looks normal, but when I go over the screen with my mouse, most of the buttons and windows disappear. Instead of the buttons and the screen there comes some weired graphic (like in those pictures) .

I've bought a new PC and reinstalled P3D previously. Former version was v4, now - with the new computer I've upgraded to v4.5. before the PC-change there was no issue.

My specs of the PC are:

Win10, core i9, ASUS ROG STRIX X299 (Mainboard), ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2080 (graphics card)

P3D Add ons:

P3D V4.5, Active Sky v4.5, PTA, AS Simstarter, (and many more - which, however, cannot influence the program to create such a graphics problem - like PFPX)

I really would appreciate, if anyone could help me, thank you!

Greetings,

Tim

Are you running at your monitor's native resolution and have you applied any zoom or custom scaling?

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I've seen the same effects before, but it was down to Immersive Display Pro (which I use to warp my views) - it often needs updating when Windows updates the OS display core code, and sometimes they miss things and it breaks the rendering on multiple applications. I assume you're not running IDP or anything like it, so it would be a case of the same effect but a different cause. In any case, it's going to be an external problem, not a P3D one. You need to identify what is interfering with your graphics pipeline - what other software do you have installed on this machine? It could potentially be a display driver issue - are you fully updated?

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

thank you very much, I will give it a try.

Yes i'm running at my monitor's native resolution and there's no scaling or zoom.

I'm using an oculus rift and for other games i have installed "vorpx" and as well I have "FlyInsideP3D"-(not sure, if I need it actually). Everything seems updated, but I could try to check my display driver again. Not sure, if that changes anything.

thank's for that fast reply!!

woohoo! Got it working!😬

Don't really know, what exactely the problem finally was, but first I deleted the .cfg file of P3D (with BACKUP of course), then I've reset the PTA tweaks and, as well, I deleted "FlyInsideP3D" from the PC. And however rebooting P3D solved the graphics problem..

Nevertheless, thank you very much for your support and time!

Cheers, Tim

On 12/30/2020 at 7:08 AM, Tim1 said:

woohoo! Got it working!😬

Don't really know, what exactely the problem finally was, but first I deleted the .cfg file of P3D (with BACKUP of course), then I've reset the PTA tweaks and, as well, I deleted "FlyInsideP3D" from the PC. And however rebooting P3D solved the graphics problem..

Nevertheless, thank you very much for your support and time!

Cheers, Tim

I have exactly the same graphics problem and I can't figure it yet the solution. Look at video from:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QhNx88OlNRBhMO9rfXUuHD3VCc6sGRoS/view?usp=sharing

I uninstalled P3Dv4 and reinstalled again  but still ... 

I don't have addons like the mentioned in this thread but ORBX only.

I posted my question in P3D Forum but no final solutions at the moment.

My system is Windows 10 with Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti video, 64GB RAM, Alienware R8 machine. The P3Dv4 Scenario Menu startup as seen in video started a few days ago. Any help is appreciated.

Patricio Valdes

Edited by trisho0
n/a

Patricio Valdes

I don't have the problem in P3D, but I do have the same problem when running Assetto Corsa... 

Problem appeared when I got a new PC.  Originally on Win10, used the free upgrade to Win11 and the problem persists.  No idea what is causin the issue.

RTX3080 here - otherwise my specs are the same as yours...

It has to be a corrupted file or a bad Instruction from configuration file. I know by doing a new fresh P3d installation will resolve the issue but I want to find the reason of such instead.

Patricio Valdes

Patricio Valdes

Just resolved the P3Dv4.5 Scenario Startup Menu weird graphics while hovering the mouse pointer over the Options and others selections.

From Prepar3d.cfg file makes this change:

[USERINTERFACE]
UIHardwareAcceleration=False

default is:
UIHardwareAcceleration=True

Patricio Valdes

Patricio Valdes

Glad you sorted out but what is Assetto Corsa?

Patricio Valdes

Patricio Valdes

It's a car racing game.  It gets used when I need a break from P3D 🙂