Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

Flightbeam KSFO gate numbers

Hi...

Using Flightbeam's KSFO (which is a brilliant scenery!) I just pulled up at the International Terminal expecting to park in A9, but when I approached it appeared to be in the A11 position (according to Navigraph).

Are the gate numbers wrong?

Many thanks,

Ben

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Flightbeam KSFO is not updated to KSFO in real life as it is right now. You'll have to wait until they update the scenery.

HAPPY FLYING
~G "Heavy1216" Edge

Intel Core i9 10850k 5.0ghz, GeFore RTX 3080 , ASUSTek Prime Z490-V, 32GB DDR4 3600

Yes, still the old number scheme. Will FB update it? Who knows. Many dev's have moved on to the cash grab at MSFS.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Eric 

I don't understand why large airport developers are going to MSFS as there aren't any decent airliners to fly out of them?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

49 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

I don't understand why large airport developers are going to MSFS as there aren't any decent airliners to fly out of them?

Cashing in after a year of poor sales figures.
If the developers are to be believed, there are plenty of people buying large airport sceneries for MSFS.

These simmers are probably okay with the A320, DA62 and CJ4 modded aircraft as they currently stand and want something good to look at through the cockpit window while on the ground.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

8 hours ago, thepilot said:

Meanwhile I'm still here, waiting for their NZAA and LFBO... 🙄

Yes!! I am also waiting upon NZAA

its quite pathetic to read that us as paying customers addons for P3d are still waiting for updates.

and yet for msfs they are throwing them out.

I actually read on Facebook that FB posted screen shots of NZAA for msfs.

hold  on a minute.. wasn’t it not meant to be released for P3d first?

cheers 

mike

Going off on a tangent myself, I'm pretty pi$$ed how many DEV (including FB). have abandon - or snail's paced - P3D and further updates of their products.

I know MSFS is (supposedly) the "future" but many of us don't believe in it yet.  Moreover, I'm STILL investing in P3Dv5.1.  This type of attitude will have me thinking long and hard before purchasing their products for MSFS when the time comes.  There appears to be many new DEV coming online for MSFS too.  A good way to ensure customer loyalty is how well you support them through transition phases.  

I've already given up on ORBX.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here and ask how many of you think there will be any P3D scenery devs left before long if this sort of piling-on becomes the norm?

Where do people get the idea that buying an airport scenery add-on somehow obligates the dev to a perpetual stream of free updates to keep up with constantly-evolving real-world airport changes in addition to a barrage of constantly-evolving P3D platform changes?

To be fair, Flightbeam has produced a fairly steady stream of significant and no-cost upgrades to its sceneries over the years.  I don't think you guys are gonna get the results you want by pummelling Mir or other devs with inflammatory vernacular like "pathetic" or "pi$$ed" for not keeping a 5-year-old KSFO add-on current in near real time.  A little patience while they try to adapt to multiple major shocks to our tiny little niche market might be in order if we'd like to stand any chance at keeping their talent around in the future.

• Like 7

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

10 minutes ago, w6kd said:

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here and ask how many of you think there will be any P3D scenery devs left before long if this sort of piling-on becomes the norm?

Where do people get the idea that buying an airport scenery add-on somehow obligates the dev to a perpetual stream of free updates to keep up with constantly-evolving real-world airport changes in addition to a barrage of constantly-evolving P3D platform changes?

To be fair, Flightbeam has produced a fairly steady stream of significant and no-cost upgrades to its sceneries over the years.  I don't think you guys are gonna get the results you want by pummelling Mir or other devs with inflammatory vernacular like "pathetic" or "pi$$ed" for not keeping a 5-year-old KSFO add-on current in near real time.  A little patience while they try to adapt to multiple major shocks to our tiny little niche market might be in order if we'd like to stand any chance at keeping their talent around in the future.

You kinda made my point for me.  How long will these DEV be around?  As I said, there seems to be some new, solid competition going on at MSFS...some for free.  Moreover, IF MSFS is internet based and will be updating vanilla scenery (for free), what choice do payware DEV have but give free updates?  From the few pictures I've taken time to review, the vanilla airports in MSFS are pretty nice looking.  If they are kept up-to-date, why would I spend $ on outdated payware products?   

At no point did ever suggest "free".  As I mentioned, I'm INVESTING (spending money) for v5 updates.  I have no issue paying a few extra dollars to keep my airports up-to-date.  It's a HUGE reason I switched to v5 was because of the updates to airports.  What's the point of great add-on: airplanes and tools like Navigraph, Simmbrief, etc. if there are so few airports to fly into?

How are the "constantly-evolving P3D platform changes" any different then the MSFS platform changes which these DEV are moving to?  As a-matter-of-fact, I would argue (not 100% sure) MSFS has had more updates in its short life span then P3D v4 & v5 combined.

You also helped make my point.  KSFO is 5 years old,  5 years is not patience enough? 

I own ALL of FB products minus EDDN.  They have my support.  Now I need theirs.

I appreciate your point of view.  

• Upvote 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

KSFO's gate scheme was current when it released in 2015.  The gates were renumbered 14 months ago, in Oct 2019.  So nobody's been waiting 5 years for an update--and especially not for one that has been either announced or promised. 

A closer look into SimZilla's "vanilla" airports might be in order.  Taxiway layouts and numbering are often completely at odds with the r/w airport.  No moving jetways.  3' rifts and seams running across ramps and other pavement.  Towers in the middle of movement areas.  etc etc.

The constantly evolving platform changes in P3D include things like PBR materials and sloping surfaces that are not just simple mods to existing sceneries.  For them to invest their time and resources into making those improvements requires some sense that a market will remain for them when the product is complete.  It's bad enough that a sizeable chunk of the customer base is moving to SimZilla, where the grass is always greener (even in Alaska in January), but if the remaining base in the P3D world becomes hostile and impatient, they will have little reason to do anything but go where they can sell the most.  I think a fair number of these guys still have some loyalty to the community that has supported them for years...but if we turn on them like a pack of hungry dogs, any loyalty will evaporate and blow away like a fart in the wind.

I have over 300 add-on airports in P3D.  No problem finding places to fly my great add-on planes.

• Like 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I recently purchased FB KPDX for the grand sum of $14.99, do I actually expect the developer to provide unlimited free updates for each FB airport? Absolutely not, no more than I would expect Navigraph Charts or FMS data updates to be free. Developers need an income stream to remain in business just like everyone one else. I have no issues paying reasonable update fees if it encourages new product development. The alternative is they go out of business which not good for anyone.

Gary Stewart

Like others have said.  Nobody should work for free.  While it's disappointing that the devs are supporting a simulator I currently have no interest in using I get it. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

FB is currently working on a new version of SFO for P3D/MSFS. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom