Sign in to follow this  
ashleyjames

P3dv5 scenery installation

Hi, i hope you are all well.

I have just purchased p3dv5 however I also have p3dv4.5 on the same drive. The idea was to slowly move everything over but it occurred to me that all my scenery is on the same drive.

My question is, do I need to re download all my scenery again and point it to p3dv5 or can they all be accessible without re downloading them? I dont have any experience with xml which I read was a much easier way to move things over.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ash allen

I was able to add the bgl types to the newer v5 without any problems and slowly switch over. I recompiled what I could using ADE as well. I don't know about the xml one's though.

Intel I7 6700k @ 4ghz, nVidia 3070ti 8gb, 16 gb ddr4 @ 1066mhz,  500 ssd, 2tb hdd, 2tb ssd, ASUS z170-E mb, Samsung 24" @ 1920x1080, P3D 5.4, MSFS

In most cases I just copies and pasted the folder and add-on.xml files from v4 documents to v5 documents.  I also check with developer to see if their was an updated version for v5 and in those cases I would install to v5 only.  I also took this opportunity to take advantage of the discovery path method where one entry is made for each developer in the program data add-on.cfg file and those add-on.xml files are placed in each main folder for each product.  This method works better than the auto discovery method on my opinion.

Dan Downs KCRP