Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

P3Dv5 & Ultimate Traffic

19 minutes ago, kiek said:

However, you better celebrate New Years Eve and wait for the FLAI website to be alive again

Yeah, I think that is the way it will be!

I really appreciate your help, happy new year.

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

5 hours ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Yeah, I think that is the way it will be!

I really appreciate your help, happy new year.

Gaz

I use it with real traffic and a custom ai pack. As mentioned you can't get anything more realistic. 

14ppkc-6.png

24 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

Real traffic and psxseecon. 

100 percent accurate and not this beta unfinished rubbish

I thought that really psxseecon was the add-on that gives me the extra AI traffic. I didn't know there was actually two products : Real traffic and psxseeco .

What's the difference?

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

9 hours ago, Gary McCluskey said:

What's the difference?

RealTraffic is the traffic data provider to PSXseeconTraffic. The latter injects AI aircraft in your Sim at their real live positions. See a small description at my website https://www.lekseecon.nl

So you need two apps indeed.

Edited by kiek

11 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Thanks mate, I'll give it a go.

Gaz on Facebook

16 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Thanks mate, I'll give it a go.

I've sent you a pm

14ppkc-6.png

18 hours ago, kiek said:

Yeah, I'm happy to do that, don't even know how to reply that that message - it tells me it can't.  I'll look into teamviewer in the meantime.

Gaz on Facebook

On 12/30/2020 at 10:36 PM, abarter said:

I have it working fine in P3Dv5. I have 1.2.0.0 working. Is that what you meant? In the Configuration tab under flt sim I have airline density at 80% and gen av at 10%. In the traffic section see if you have the target frame rate section set to a high number. I set mine at 20fps. In the installs section ensure you have the main directory and cfg pointing to the correct places. If you can find the traffic file UT Live creates it should be a large file over 30mb's. See if yours is allot smaller. Perhaps the traffic didn't get compiled. Just a few ideas.

@abarter: unfortunately, I think the problem here is that you aren't up to date with P3D. I installed the newest version that I mentioned earlier and it's not specific enough : P3Dv5.1.12.26829  <- is this the version you have?

Gaz on Facebook

I suspect @abarter meant Ultimate Traffic Live v1.2.0.0, which was the last version of UTL1. As others have mentioned, UTL2 is in beta. I've got it installed, though I have disabled it at the moment as there are other issues with it, and have gone back to UTL1 (1.2.00); but with UTL2 I saw plenty of traffic in the air and on the ground in the London area. This is on P3Dv5.1 HF1 (ie the latest available build). UTL does need tweaking as others have mentioned, though, in either version, to get best results. 

PSXSeeconTraffic + Real Traffic is a great solution and I have it also along with the FLAi liveries, but obviously those aircraft won't interact with ATC in-sim (at least they don't for me) and that's part of the 'realism' I'm looking for. Although TBH I'm starting to think it's overrated. That said, if you're flying into a busy airport at a busy time in RL, I'm not sure how you avoid the AI being in your way when you're landing - though I'm sure Nico could advise on that?

If you just want to see plenty of AI at big airports with the correct liveries at the right times, then PSXSeeconTraffic is a great solution. The Real Traffic subscription cost is minimal and well worth it. It's the closest to real-world. If you want traffic that interacts with ATC and you can more directly control, the for my money UTL is where it's at. Though I will freely admit I've never tried AIG which I know some people rave about. 

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

1 hour ago, neilhewitt said:

I suspect @abarter meant Ultimate Traffic Live v1.2.0.0, which was the last version of UTL1. As others have mentioned, UTL2 is in beta. I've got it installed, though I have disabled it at the moment as there are other issues with it, and have gone back to UTL1 (1.2.00); but with UTL2 I saw plenty of traffic in the air and on the ground in the London area. This is on P3Dv5.1 HF1 (ie the latest available build). UTL does need tweaking as others have mentioned, though, in either version, to get best results. 

The thing is that I have always used utLive, and it's always worked, until the best version of P3Dv5.1.12.26829 came out - now I can't get it working as it's not listed. In the settings of utLive 1.2 I only get to see P3D v4 in the list of sims - no v5 : https://photos.app.goo.gl/3p1xp3bfnqAf824S6

How do I assign UtLive 1.2 to P3Dv5.1.12.26829 ?

Gaz on Facebook

2 hours ago, Gary McCluskey said:

The thing is that I have always used utLive, and it's always worked, until the best version of P3Dv5.1.12.26829 came out - now I can't get it working as it's not listed. In the settings of utLive 1.2 I only get to see P3D v4 in the list of sims - no v5 : https://photos.app.goo.gl/3p1xp3bfnqAf824S6

How do I assign UtLive 1.2 to P3Dv5.1.12.26829 ?

UTL1 doesn't 'officially' support v5, so you need point it to your P3Dv5 installation folder and config in the settings for P3Dv4, and then copy the add-on.xml from P3Dv4 into the correct v5 folder so the sim will see it and activate it. You've already set the base directory path, per your image, but you also need to set the path to the Prepar3d.cfg file for v5 - I see it's blank right now. So click on 'change', add that path, which is usually C:\Users\<your user profile>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v5\Prepar3d.cfg, and things ought to work. 

Once you've set the config path, start the sim and see if UTL1 is running (ie you can see the 'UTLive' menu entry in the add-ons menu), and make sure UTL2 is disabled / removed. If so, then you should be good to go - settings changes in UTL1 will be applied to P3Dv5 even though it says P3Dv4 in UTL settings. (Note that you can't have UTL1 running in both P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 at the same time because of this - if you wanted to fly with UTL1 in v4, you'd have to revert the folder path settings above.)  

If not, then check your add-ons.cfg file to see if UTL1 is listed there (there are two of these, one in C:\Program Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v5\, and the other in C:\Users\<your user profile folder>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v5). It should be listed in one of these (but not both), together with a path to an add-on.xml file that then points to where it's actually installed. Note that you'll also have a listing for UTL2 if you still have it installed, so don't get these confused. Set Active=true in the listing for UTL1 and make sure UTL2 is set to Active=false if it exists.

The add-ons.cfg entry will look like this:

[Package.X]
PATH=C:\Users\<your user profile>\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\utLive
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

At the PATH location specified will be an add-on.xml file that should look like this (unless you have it installed in a non-standard location):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SimBase.Document id="add-on" version="4,0" Type="AddOnXml">
  <Addon.Name>Ultimate Traffic Live</Addon.Name>
  <Addon.Description>Real, scheduled, commercial ai aircraft traffic, for support please visit www.flight1.com</Addon.Description>
  <Addon.Component>
    <Category>EXE</Category>
    <Path>C:\PROGRAM FILES\FLIGHT ONE SOFTWARE\ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE\utlclient.exe</Path>
  </Addon.Component>
  <Addon.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>C:\PROGRAM FILES\FLIGHT ONE SOFTWARE\ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE\utLive Aircraft</Path>
  </Addon.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

If you don't have this file then you can copy the one from P3Dv4. This will run utlclient.exe when you start P3D, and you'll get the UTLive menu in your add-ons menu.

Hope that helps?

Edited by neilhewitt
Formatting

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

@neilhewitt ,

Thanks for that mate, I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Gaz

• Like 1

Gaz on Facebook

Thanks Neil, ( @neilhewitt )

Got it working. P3D had found version two of UTL. Once I removed all references to that version, reinstalled version 1.2 of UTL and transferred the add-ons.xml to P3D version 5 it all worked as you suggested.

Many thanks again,

Gaz

• Like 1

Gaz on Facebook