Sign in to follow this  
Whisper202

FlybyWire A320 question.....

I have the latest flybywire a320..... I follow the check list but I'm unable to start the engines. I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong....

Don't know what I'm missing if I'm following the check list....Can someone help me thanx.....appreciate the help

There  are several really good videos on YouTube showing the FBW A320neo start up procedure, very helpful.

Lee

• Like 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

14 minutes ago, jbcallender said:

Make sure fuel is on and ignition switch is turned to the right.  APU on and APU Bleed selected.

Fuel pumps to on first, and APU on and in bleed mode.

Edited by Midnight Music

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

The bare basics of start up (from memory) would be:

- batteries on

- fuel pumps on

- APU master on

- start APU 

- APU bleed on once APU is running

- engine mode selector to ignition

- start engines using the two starter switches (one at a time, usually right engine first)

That’s not a proper setup for flight but should get the engines running.

disclaimer, I’m typing this on an iPad before my second cup of coffee!

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

18 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

There  are several really good videos on YouTube showing the FBW A320neo start up procedure, very helpful.

Lee

I've been studying both MSFS2020 and the FBW A320neo extensively there as well as Simbrief and Navigraph integration... things have changed quite a bit in my four year absence...

19 hours ago, regis9 said:

- fuel pumps on

I noticed the FBW won't start unless you have the fuel pumps turned on. On the ToLiss and Flight Factor you can start the engines with fuel pumps off. Which one is correct? I heard someone state, that due to the engines mounted below the wings, there usually always is fuel flow (due to gravity).

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

It would be SOP to turn fuel pumps on...whether the real thing would start without them I do not know...I don’t think I’ve ever tried.  Typically in an Airbus you want lights on the overhead panel extinguished to show they’re set as they should be for flight.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Checklists have fuel pumps on before APU start, then APU Bleed and then ultimately engine start.  Remember as "extinguish all whites" on the overhead panel.

Jeff Callender

6 hours ago, tweekz said:

I noticed the FBW won't start unless you have the fuel pumps turned on. On the ToLiss and Flight Factor you can start the engines with fuel pumps off. Which one is correct? I heard someone state, that due to the engines mounted below the wings, there usually always is fuel flow (due to gravity).

As an A320 Neo Technician, I can explain this ,Yes, in real life engines will mostly starts with fuel pumps off, due to gravity and suction forces... but, with fuel pumps off you cannot make sure fuel flow's quality or sufficiency, so engines can be stall during start or idle with fuel pumps off... Engine stalls can cause engine replacements. So no one can take these big risks... maybe you know, one neo engine cost apprx 5 million dollars:)

Edited by spitzer45
  • Like 6

C. Uygar

Aircraft Maint. Engineer. at LTFJ

Thanks for the info.  I figured if it could be done it probably wasn’t a good idea!

Dave

On 12/30/2020 at 7:01 AM, Midnight Music said:

Lee

I have found the videos on YouTube to be the best help regardless. some are pilots. some are gamers that help with set-up and other issues. walk-arounds and lights.... to full real world pilot flights that you also can be at the airport he is and follow along with same flight plan...