Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

AxisAndOhs V2.0 upgrade released

Hello @ll,

AxisAndOhs version 2.0 has been released today.

With this version you will have access to the internal LVars and HTML - Variables, that are used to control the buttons on the G1000etc. instruments in the glass cockpits of MSFS.

This version includes many fixes and improvements that have been requested by users. The WebAPI has been expanded as well, which made it possible to implement a Bridge program to the VRI MCP Combo II device in a very short time. This Bridge program will be available shortly as a free download.

This is a free upgrade for previous owners, just download it again from you account in the shop. It has already been deployed to SimMarket, JustFlight should follow shortly.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Hello @ll,

to get you started quickly, here a few pointers:

- Before you connect AAO to MSFS, go to "Scrpting->Read HVARs from sim" and let it collect all HTML variables and associated tags. Once collected, they will be accessible in the group "HTML-variables" in the assignment treelist. Repeat this process after each sim update or when you get new aircraft that were made to MSFS specs

- With all sims, after the app is connected to the sim you can run "Scripting->Read LVARs from sim". This will collect all currently visible LVARs from the running simulator, which you will then find in the group "Local simulator variables". LVARs are aircraft specific, so you have to do this every time you want to assign knobs or buttons to a new aircraft. The QualityWings 787 is a premium example of an LVAR-controlled cockpit.

- More advanced ops are possible with RPN scripts, where you can also build tagged MSFS HTML variable names from their building blocks, the "HTML Tags". That is hit-or-miss really, the scanner is not yet smart enough to figure out what combinations of tags form a valid HTML variable name.

- For those interested, the prototype of the VRInsight MCP Combo bridge is available for download on the axisandohs.weebly.com website. Testers are contributing AAO templates, but making your own should be pretty easy (I hope)

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Good morning all.  Oliver, may I please ask would the bridge interface with the VRI MCP II Panel, which is the Airbus variant of the hardware ?

Thanks,

Maurice.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

2 hours ago, Paladin said:

Oliver, may I please ask would the bridge interface with the VRI MCP II Panel, which is the Airbus variant of the hardware ?

It uses the same interface, so most likely yes. But I only had access to the Boeing variant.

If you want, send me a PM here and we'll try that together (and work out an Airbus preset).

Best regards

LORBY-SI

I've just bought this and totally love it, thank you!

Just one question, is it possible to toggle the lights on the midi controller? I'm using the xtouch mini

7 hours ago, welshlmj said:

Just one question, is it possible to toggle the lights on the midi controller? I'm using the xtouch mini

Hi,

ON the Behringer they can be switchen on and off. Please check the AxisAndOhs manual, the chapter about "MIDI Out".

Best regards

LORBY-SI

8 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hi,

ON the Behringer they can be switchen on and off. Please check the AxisAndOhs manual, the chapter about "MIDI Out".

Best regards

oops, I hadn't realised there was a manual!

Explained brilliantly and now it's working perfectly, thanks again!! 🙂