Sign in to follow this  
superspud

Functional Aircraft Carrier by Hard Deck Simulations

https://secure.simmarket.com/hard-deck-simulations-functional-aircraft-carrier-msfs.phtml

I thought this payware would be of interest to aircraft carrier fans. It creates catapult and arrestor cable effects. The developer let me play with an earlier version and it certainly does what it says on the tin. It's a lot of fun. 

You can choose where the program operates, so you can get your 787 out of Lukla problem free, but they include five of their own carriers at various locations around the world. 

• Like 1

I'll get it once the F-14 or F-18 or anything else like a modern fighter aircraft is  released.

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Doesn't have the detail needed compared to everything else in MSFS. Spoiled by DCS. But at least its a carrier that many will have fun with.

7 minutes ago, yurei said:

No meatball.

Having made some considerably dumber carriers than this, this is as good as it's going to get for now. There are carrier mentions in the developer kit but pretty much nothing is available to use. 

Where are these carriers located?

Manny

Yeah, there's a link at Dino's blog. It's for FSX so you'll have to run it through the Legacy Converter.

Edited by dobee51
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dobee51 said:

Has anybody tried Cloud Assistant? Looks similar.

https://msfs.touching.cloud/mods/cloud-assistant/

I just used this freeware along with this aircraft carrier

https://flightsim.to/file/4930/aircraft-carrier-uss-msfs-uk-mooring#comments-page-1

Its working fine.

Initially I struggled with it since the aircraft carrier said there are carrier off SFO and NY. But the folder for US is missing from the zip file. But I could set myself up in Europe carriers and land. I am good with with this for now. I wouldn't mind a payware that had the ball and maybe even 4 char ICAO codes and visible hook etc along with at least one Fighter aircraft? 🙂 

I tried using FStarter. but I cannot use that with ICAO code that is larger than 4 Char and this freeware AIcarrier has ICAO code that is 5 Char long. But if they load the two US carrier with 4 Char that would be cool.

ACSF, ASNY, ZACUK, ACLDN, ACLPL ACATL

Edited by Manny

Manny

The mod worked beautifully with Superspud's aircraft carriers, and the MB-339. With the help of the catapult and NO FLAPS she took off like a bat...I always get disoriented in the air though, landed too hard on the carrier and went into the drink. So I don't know if the arrestor hook would have worked. Still it's a lot of fun. 

Couldn't get the F14 to convert. Looked nice, but throttle didn't work.

39 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

The mod worked beautifully with Superspud's aircraft carriers, and the MB-339.

Is the MB-339 any good? I have no patience... Since the F-14doesn't seem to coming out soon. (Not that I know off) Considering getting this since we now have Carrier landing in MSFS. 🙂 

Manny

52 minutes ago, Manny said:

Initially I struggled with it since the aircraft carrier said there are carrier off SFO and NY. But the folder for US is missing from the zip file. But I could set myself up in Europe carriers and land. I am good with with this for now. I wouldn't mind a payware that had the ball and maybe even 4 char ICAO codes and visible hook etc along with at least one Fighter aircraft? 🙂 

I tried using FStarter. but I cannot use that with ICAO code that is larger than 4 Char and this freeware AIcarrier has ICAO code that is 5 Char long. But if they load the two US carrier with 4 Char that would be cool.

ACSF, ASNY, ZACUK, ACLDN, ACLPL ACATL

So the US carriers are missing for you? 

They popped out of the zip file just fine for me. 

I had no idea 5 character ICAOs caused problems for anyone. I'll put them all back to four with the next update. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, superspud said:

So the US carriers are missing for you? 

They popped out of the zip file just fine for me. 

I had no idea 5 character ICAOs caused problems for anyone. I'll put them all back to four with the next update. 

Thank you so much for this.. I love it

Yes the US folder is missing when I download.. What is the name of the uS folder?

The limitation of 5 char is with the  is with FStarter. But if I have the US folder with the 4 char ICAO code, I can test it with FStarter and let you know.

Edited to add: Mea Culpa. you had the US in a separate zip file. Sorry.. I just saw it.  Usually folks add the latest file on top and the old ones below. I js=ust downloaded the US folders.

Let me check the 4 char ICAO for those two carrier.

Edited by Manny

Manny