Sign in to follow this  
stubbornswiss

Importing SimBrief Flt Plan

Good morning Dave, and a Happy New Year to you!

I am having a bit of a problem importing a flight plan from SimBrief into P2A. It is a flight from EDDK-KSDF, and the SimBrief route (less dep/arr airports and SID & STAR) is:

WYP P64 TENLI L602 SPY DCT LONAM L7 FORTY DCT OSBON
DCT 62N010W 63N020W 63N030W 62N040W 60N050W DCT VESMI N726A ALSOP
DCT HENDY DCT YVO DCT GOPUP DCT ROD DCT CVG

When I import into P2A, everything between 'FORTY' and 'VESMI' is missing. (I should mention that I am copying and pasting the route into the import window).

Could I be doing something wrong? I have imported other shorter plans, and do not recall having had any issues.

As usual, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Edited by stubbornswiss

Albert

i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;
2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

I found a bug that was preventing the 63N030W type waypoints from being interpreted correctly.

The problem with the other waypoints was there were carriage returns/line feeds in the string.  You should only paste the string direct from SimBrief....OR SimBrief has changed their string format to mess us up.   Just in case, I fixed that one too.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC
  • Like 1

the problem is with SID and STAR OF PILO2atc  , because most of them can't be choosen in the FMC of A320 , hope in the next airac update we can use the same SID and STARS in P2ATC and MSFS

OK.... many thanks for that Dave.

The string was a direct copy/paste from SimBrief. Maybe their string format does have an issue, and one has to be aware of that when copying and pasting.

When and how can we expect this fix?

Thanks.

Albert

2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

Just now, motishow said:

the problem is with SID and STAR OF PILO2atc  , because most of them can't be choosen in the FMC of A320 , hope in the next airac update we can use the same SID and STARS in P2ATC and MSFS

No SID's or STAR's where included in the flt. plan I imported into P2A, as is stated in my original post.

Thanks.

Albert

i mean , most of the real procedures (used by P2TC) aren't iplemented in game and you can't choose them at FMC airplane

Similarly, I'm importing plans from Simbrief and arrival/departure airports are not coming in with the plan. Very strange. I'm finally trying P2A with MSFS2020 after extensive use in Xplane11. 

34 minutes ago, Quatzu said:

Similarly, I'm importing plans from Simbrief and arrival/departure airports are not coming in with the plan. Very strange. I'm finally trying P2A with MSFS2020 after extensive use in Xplane11. 

I notice where you are within MSFS2020 really affects this function in P2A. 

Hi Dave, guys,

Is there any "preferred" file format (FSX, FS2020, X-Plane, ...) to export flight plans from Simbrief and import them into P2ATC?

Regards.

No.  You should set up the plan in SimBrief, then copy the text line on the main page that has the route.

In P2A, use the FP Import button to the right of the flight plan and Paste the route, adding the departure airport at the beginning and destination airport code at the end.

After importing, add the SID, STAR and approach you want or let P2A assign it.  If you want to fly the plan as created, be sure to uncheck the ATC Assigns SID, STAR and Approach options in the FltPln tab of P2A's Config.

Dave