Sign in to follow this  
13ifs40

Which to get v5 or v4

Well, I'd say that either v4 or v5 is a huge leap forward from FSX. I'm staying with v4 because it works for me and I'm too lazy to upgrade everything - some of my addons are not supported in v5 yet (e.g. PMDG DC-6). For new users I'd recommend v5 unless there are addons which are not compatible with that version.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Where did that come from???  Too much eggnog? 😉

Um, no. But if you're happy with P3D's current state after 10 years of development... ok. 

As of two days ago, I was a happy camper with V4.5. Then, I read a thread on avsim and yesterday bought and installed V5.1. After a few hours, including importing some favorite aircraft from v4....I am completely satisfied with V5. The one problem is that I have not been able to activate my Active Sky license to the V5 upgrade. I have filed a ticket with the company, and hope for some resolution.

BTW, on my first boot of V5, a pop up message informed me that my Nvidia 1660ti card would not support DX12. Despite that, things look OK...though some colors are brighter than I would like. I also would like to disable HDR, but the checkbox is greyed out...does anyone know of a work around?

Sherm

Edited by shermank

It says on the 1660 ti box, Direct X 12, so perhaps it was a "false positive". If the HDR box is greyed out, it means that the Enhanced Atmospherics mode in World is selected. I you disable that, you can disable the other but then it will look just like v4.

Edited by Reader

Thanks....yes, I was under the impression that the 1660ti would be fine with DX12...and it could be a false positive...no probs with sim performance DX12 wise, afaik, but I am not sure what I should be expecting or looking for. Thanks for info in re EA. I wish there was a PTA update for v5, but that does not seem to be in the cards, at least not for now...

Sherm

44 minutes ago, shermank said:

.does anyone know of a work around?

HDR=1 to HDR=0 in .cfg file

bob

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1