Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Baby Jumbo from Ayers Rock (then my FSX crashed..)

Today I was going to try a flight out in my newly repainted 146-100 (thank you @hodge001 Lovely job!) private jet :tongue: from Connellan Airport to Sydney using a flightplan input into the FMC. I managed to successfully input this, including an appropriate STAR (after checking the YSSY METAR) so I was feeling quite pleased with myself. There doesn't appear to be any SIDs that I could find for YAYE, nor does the FMC appear to have any in its database (Navigraph subscription, so any SIDs "should" be there). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Here's G-W4GN with ground power attached as it''ll take me some time to mess with the FMC..... :rolleyes: Don't want to burn any fuel until it's required! Mercedes have their own G-Wagons, which are capable 4x4s, but mine's faster and can fly :dry:

Z0A0kde.jpg

Taxiing out to RWY13.

qYabUDA.jpg

Positive rate as we begin our journey across the hostile Australian continental interior.

Bb85sjn.jpg

Had to get a screenshot including the famous Aussie landmark!

zL9Qlkg.jpg

View from business class of the Number 2 APU... sorry I mean engine.. :biggrin:

Yz4Htrh.jpg

Some of the panel lighting whilst cruising at FL300

p6LVDB7.jpg

... and then, after mistakenly switching to spot view instead of locked the sim crashed... On the bright side, the FMC and the autopilot were working fine. Oh well I shall attempt the flight again.

Cheers...🍻

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Nice pictures of the Jumbolino...🙂...

Yes, Mark, (our) FSX/SE is better than FSX...🙂.. in that regard, but change of view will do this occasionally...(I'm looking at my notes, and I have a caution from my last flight for this plane, to reduce resolution sliders a bit...)...

That should fix it...it did in my case...

Good luck, next time, in the New Year...!!

• Like 1

Mark your about right about APU. I don't like that airplane! One was a RON one night and we all went over to look at it. Seems everybody that

got in the cockpit came out with a battle scar. Difficult to get in, if you do not keep your head quite low the overhead panel will really scalp you.

Nice pics too! Maybe you should have taken the train.... :laugh:

My FSX has been fine, FSXA since released install. Debating the move to P3D but watch MFS too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NWATech said:

I don't like that airplane!

Awww... but it's SO CUTE!! :biggrin:

17 hours ago, NWATech said:

Maybe you should have taken the train.... :laugh:

WAIT! There's a train from Uluru to Sydney?? COOL! :tongue:

17 hours ago, P_7878 said:

but change of view will do this occasionally

I believe that to be true. Unfortunately I did not save the flight part way through. I shall investigate. I cannot remember if I've tried reloading the QW146 from a saved flight to see what chaos the cockpit is left in .. :wacko:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)