Sign in to follow this  
raknal

KSMO

Runway 03/21 has a large trench ( or opening) across the entire r/w closest to the start of 21 with the obvious result of aircraft damage

Richard Mawkes

Intel Core i7 7700 4.2GHz, , Kingston Hyper Fury Black 16GB 2400MHz DDR4

Asus Geforce GTX 1070  8GB Dual Fan edition

1 hour ago, raknal said:

Runway 03/21 has a large trench ( or opening) across the entire r/w closest to the start of 21 with the obvious result of aircraft damage

I moved your post into the main MSFS 2020 forum since you posted this in the Tip and Tricks section which is only to be used to post Tips and Tricks.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

6 hours ago, raknal said:

Do you have the mod for this airport?  If so are you seeing this with the mod?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

7 hours ago, raknal said:

Download this mod:

https://flightsim.to/file/4067/vtol-aviation-s-ksmo-santa-monica-municipal-airport

Extract the folder "vtolaviation-ksmofa2020" to your community folder and let us know how it looks.

Here's how it looks:

VW72QjK.png

LU2z3XY.png

Jose

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

This is outstanding. Bummer the hangar doors don't look right but great they are at least the right color. Lot of fencing missing as well as the grass that replaced the torn up runway ends.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

5 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

This is outstanding. Bummer the hangar doors don't look right but great they are at least the right color. Lot of fencing missing as well as the grass that replaced the torn up runway ends.

It's a shame they shortened the runway.

FS2020 

50 minutes ago, Dillon said:

It's a shame they shortened the runway.

That is an understatement, and even worse is the scheduled closing in 7yrs 2028 barring any divine intervention.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

If you post on the download thread, you might get it updated to your liking.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

That is an understatement, and even worse is the scheduled closing in 7yrs 2028 barring any divine intervention.

That's the leadership in California now.  Reminds me of what was done to Meigs even though that was done by force in the middle of the night (same leadership).  Now you have to land far away from what most come to Chicago for.  You can no longer get out of your plane and your already in downtown Chicago beating all the traffic that surrounds the loop.  Now that will be the same in the lower west Hollywood/Beverly Hills area. 

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

It's the realtors and mostly home builders around the country are shutting down small airports in big cities all over the country. They want to build more homes and sell in this land grab. Here at DFW metro there was a small airport or a small airport planned in Frisco. Frisco property value jumped up and the airport was history.

Property developers are getting signatures' from neighborhoods  saying, its dangerous to be close to these airports (after they have built the residence close to an airport). the counter arguments the airports make in city hall is, if you get rid of your airports, in emergency you are not going to get chopper (Medivac?) service any longer...etc etc.

anyone knows what happened to the Marine Corps Air Station El Toro  of CA? That got shut down. They were going after Van Nuys too.  I believe Marlyn Monroe was discovered  here. She was working here during her teen age years.  🙂

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

47 minutes ago, Manny said:

It's the realtors and mostly home builders around the country are shutting down small airports in big cities all over the country. They want to build more homes and sell in this land grab. Here at DFW metro there was a small airport or a small airport planned in Frisco. Frisco property value jumped up and the airport was history.

Property developers are getting signatures' from neighborhoods  saying, its dangerous to be close to these airports (after they have built the residence close to an airport). the counter arguments the airports make in city hall is, if you get rid of your airports, in emergency you are not going to get chopper (Medivac?) service any longer...etc etc.

anyone knows what happened to the Marine Corps Air Station El Toro  of CA? That got shut down. They were going after Van Nuys too.  I believe Marlyn Monroe was discovered  here. She was working here during her teen age years.  🙂

Van Nuys will be fine. Torrance is really getting beaten up, as are Burbank to a lesser extent and Pacoima after the recent crash short of the runway.

• Like 1