Sign in to follow this  
haskell

Long threads...

Guest gasebah

Just out of curiosity, do you follow long threads like the real trim one and post in them. I usually am loosing interest after the 30st post or am just overwhelmed finding out who answers whom and what relates to what. I usually read them once but if the pop up again after some days I jump them.Alex

Guest Galant VR4

I do the same.

Only follow them if I'm extremely interested in the topic discussed. After a while long threads tend to stop going anywhere, though, as everyone just repeats what someone else said earlier or start arguing about trivial stuff :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I only follow them whne I'm subscribed to them (have posted a reply to the tread), but then I unsubscribe to the thread after it gets too long for me- and by then usually the content has either gone off topic, or there is an arguement over one factor of the original discussion that gets beaten to death.Bruce.

Yes, long threads can get a bit confusing. But I'm glad the moderators give them the space to breathe, as it were.Sometimes it's fun seeing how far off topic they can go (yes, I'm guilty too).I predict this thread will have 47 replies, the last one arguing that Boeings are better than Airbuses. :D Ian

Long threads typically mean one thing: Opinion is being discussed and argued about.We all have opinions.So, and if facts cannot be laid out within about 10-20 posts, I'm usually not interested. I have my own opinion and move on.The only thing that will change my opinion are facts being 'laid out' before me ;)

Guest gasebah

Good to see that I am not the only one. I felt kinda guilty of being superficial. :-)Alex

After a while the thread seems to go off topic and arguing seems to start. So I stop.Bob NW

Guest av84fun

Of course Boeings are better than Airbusses!;-)

Guest gasebah

Now who in their right mind would allege this. Airbuses are lightyears ahead :-).Alex

Yeah I usually get bored after a while. OK I AM LYING! I just wanted to make this post long. So it would be like... do you read long posts? Hey wait... THIS is a long post. OK, seriously, ya I get bored after people start saying the same thing someone else has already said. EddieKABQ

Eddie
KABQ