Sign in to follow this  
garydpoole

Having to manually stop Distance Mode...

I'm currently using Distance Mode to perform a 20m right hand pushback (wrt to the pilot's view) from Gate 164 at EGKK.

However, on each occasion that I've attempted the pushback, the right turn performs perfectly, but once straight, the push just keeps on going and doesn't stop by itself ! So much so that by the time I've ended the pushback manually, I've finished up two gates further down - a distance that I'm estimating must be around 50 or more metres.

Any advice as to what may be happening ?

Regards

5 hours ago, byork said:

That's odd.

Please try at a different location (although it shouldn't make any difference).

Also try it with a different distance value.

Are you using any other programs that would fire a toggle pushback command?

Hi

Just tried it at EGKK Gate 18 with a 22m pushback. After a successful right turn, I gave up as I approached Gate 13 and had to intervene or else I would never have stopped !

One thing that I have noticed is that as soon as the right turn is complete, the whole plane then wobbles from side to side during the rest of the pushback. In the external camera, you can clearly see the puskback truck wobbling as it's pushing !!!

So, still no better...

Btw, I have no other programmes running that control the pushback.

Regards

Which airplane?

Voice Control or Menu Control?

Is EGKK a default airport?

I'll try to reproduce it.

The wobbling is strange... we're just using the stock pushback pushback system... I don't see how that could ever induce a wobble.

15 hours ago, byork said:

Also, try it at this airport: KDEN or any other airport that doesn't use 3rd party scenery.

Have just tried it at default KDEN Gate B39 and it does exactly the same thing, ie, it never stops and the pushback truck performs a nice waggle after the turn.

It also done the same thing at MK Studios EIDW.

Aircraft is the A320Neo with the custom FBW mod applied.

Also had a couple of PBE Unhandled Exceptions occur which caused MSFS to crash.

I'm afraid that for me, PBE is just not fit for purpose and so may I politely request a full refund as I have now stopped using it and have reverted back to the default pushback system ?

Regards

13 hours ago, byork said:

Send me a support ticket at: www.fs2crew.com

You can show me this via a Remote Desktop.

Something obviously is amiss somewhere.

Thank you for your reply.

However, as I stated above, for me PBE is not fit for purpose. I have now uninstalled it as I wasn't prepared to take the chance on further Unhandled Exceptions occurring. A wobbling pushback truck is one thing, but an induced MSFS crash is another.

I have used your products in the past and have been highly impressed with them. But PBE just doesn't seem 'polished' enough to be ready for release. Apart from the problems I have described in my two posts, I have also seen pushack trucks perform a complete 360° pirouette just prior to commencing pushback, have been enable to instigate a second pushback straight after completing the first one and need to activate the hot key 5 or 6 times before the panel becomes unhidden. Should that really be possible with a released product ?

Therefore once again, I am respectfully requesting a full refund.

Regards

The pushback truck having difficulty lining up with the aircraft from time to time is a MSFS issue.

Pushback Express simply triggers the stock pushback system.

I'm sorry I can't really explain your issues...  there are a large number of user created videos on Youtube... they don't seem to have your problems.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pushback+express

As I said, send me a support ticket via: www.fs2crew.com

OK, let's try again. 

As stated above, I have uninstalled PBE as for me, it is unusable. So for the third time, I am requesting a full refund. 

If you are not prepared to offer a refund, then please clearly state this, together with justification so I am fully aware of where you stand. 

Regards 

5 minutes ago, byork said:

Why are you not sending us a support ticket?

Because you never made it clear that a support ticket was required to receive a full refund.

However, now that you have clarified this, I will indeed, send you a support ticket.

Regards