Sign in to follow this  
Ron Lefebvre

fs2020 and Vatsim possible daylight while night time flying

Hi all,

Like most people I assume, I do most of my flying at night.

Is there a way to use Vatsim with Live settings but change the hour to a daytime setting in FS2020.

Ron

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

does not work.

The minute you go live players and live air traffic, the weather and time option disappears.

Ron

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414

It does work - in the remarks of your flight plan I usually comment that I'm doing a day time set.  However, please remember that for everyone else, it will be their time that they set and 99% of all other users including ATC it is night time.  My point being - use the correct night time lights 🙂

It is not advisable to change the weather from Live, however you can modify time to whatever you want.  You can even change it mid-flight in Vatsim and no one is the wiser.

i7-10700k (OC at 5.05MHz) | EVGA 3090 FTW3 (24GB) | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB RAM (Effective 3200MHz) | 1TB SSD M2 (Samsung EVO) | Corsair 850W Gold P/S | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | Logitech Yoke and Throttle Quad | Logitech Saitek Rudders | Logitech Switch Panel | Thrustmaster T.Flight 4 HOTAS | HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset | 43” LG 43UN700B 4k monitor | HP Reverb G2 (VR)

Selling EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC (8GB) - used for 3.5 months - PM me for info if interested!

My uncle taught me "how to fly" on MSFS95, got MSFS98 for a birthday, and I have been hooked ever since

5 minutes ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

does not work.

The minute you go live players and live air traffic, the weather and time option disappears.

Ron

I'm pretty sure when on vatsim you disable live multiplayer....  I think they use their own models via vpilot.  That's basically how it is on PilotEdge which is what I use and recommend.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have turn multiplayer off

and air traffic to off.

Not sure if I can see anybody else online yet. Will test it some more

Ron

Ron

48 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'm pretty sure when on vatsim you disable live multiplayer....  I think they use their own models via vpilot.  That's basically how it is on PilotEdge which is what I use and recommend.

OK. That seems to work.

Thanks

Ron

Ron