Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

I am SO sick of this...

21 minutes ago, webstef68 said:

This happend to me as well, after spending a lot of time unstalling 3 times fs and all other tools, what did it for me was to uninstall all versions of visual studio and reinstall only the 2017 and 2019 x64. Later i re installed the versions needed for other tools, have no ctds anymore ! Happy new year to the great members here on AVSIM from France 😉

Mhmmm interesting. So Uninstall ALL of the below and just install the 2017 & 2019 x64?

jhgdf.png

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

12 minutes ago, Clem116 said:

Mhmmm interesting. So Uninstall ALL of the below and just install the 2017 & 2019 x64?

jhgdf.png

Yes ! After uninstalling restart, then install and restart. If you need other older  versions for other programs you will soon be notified that they are missing 😉

Merci! Will try now 🙂

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Could it be your hardware. It could be GTX1080 is not up to task.

There are new CTD issues in the sim since the last update that lots of people are observing.  It's very unlikely to be a hardware related thing.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

I'm pretty sure my end it's has something to do with msfs fsuipc 7.0.3 which was released 24th December, prior to  this  had no ctd in a month since buying, when I use self loading cargo or use SIM brief to import directly into Macdu I get ctd normally about an hour in, I've flown twice today without using these,only  using fbw  mod and bristol/eindhoven airports and all good again.

I've tested over last 2 days. 🤔🤔

• Upvote 1

Ryan 5900x--gigabyte x570 gaming x--nvidia 3080--32gb gskill trident neo 3600mhz ram--1000watt psu--resolution 2560x1440.

26 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

There are new CTD issues in the sim since the last update that lots of people are observing.  It's very unlikely to be a hardware related thing.

I understand some people have issue, but the only CTDs I had after update are related to CJ4 beta 0.8.3. Everything else in MSFS is rock solid  short or long haul for me

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

@ Clem116,

"Since the last 2-3 patches all I get is CONSTANT CTDs with EVERY flight on my VANILLA sim. "

Is MSFS vanilla, no Mods in Community, no payware airports " ?

Basically just a default MSFS flight and you Crash?

Edited by vonmar
added some info

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

5 minutes ago, vonmar said:

@ Clem116,

"Since the last 2-3 patches all I get is CONSTANT CTDs with EVERY flight on my VANILLA sim. "

Is MSFS vanilla, no Mods in Community, no payware airports " ?

Basically just a default MSFS flight and you Crash?

Yep...

6 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I understand some people have issue, but the only CTDs I had after update are related to CJ4 beta 0.8.3. Everything else in MSFS is rock solid  short or long haul for me

I can never understand why people who are not having a problem insist in coming into threads just to say they are not having a problem.....

We had 50+ people do the Cannonball Run race from JFK to LAX on the 26th and there were numerous CTDs across that group.  I've never experienced CTDs in the sim, and I had one as well after about 6 hours.

OP:  I'd try turning off Real World Traffic and Ground Aircraft in the settings.  There have been some fixes lately that increased by ~10x the amount of real world traffic showing in the sim.  Every one of those aircraft (both static on the ground and real world traffic) is a SimObject that the sim has to create/destroy.  I have a suspicion there is a memory leak associated with them that eventually crashes the sim. 

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 minute ago, marsman2020 said:

I can never understand why people who are not having a problem insist in coming into threads just to say they are not having a problem.....

We had 50+ people do the Cannonball Run race from JFK to LAX on the 26th and there were numerous CTDs across that group.  I've never experienced CTDs in the sim, and I had one as well after about 6 hours.

OP:  I'd try turning off Real World Traffic and Ground Aircraft in the settings.  There have been some fixes lately that increased by ~10x the amount of real world traffic showing in the sim.  Every one of those aircraft (both static on the ground and real world traffic) is a SimObject that the sim has to create/destroy.  I have a suspicion there is a memory leak associated with them that eventually crashes the sim. 

I do notice little decrease of performance after few hours. It can be a memory leak. That is were hardware may play a role.

Now why people who don't have problem come to say they don't? Well if we can compare both groups of people then there is chance to identify factors why it works for some  and doesn't for another. At least it's helpful when I troubleshoot software problem in my line of work

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

27 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

There have been some fixes lately that increased by ~10x the amount of real world traffic showing in the sim.  Every one of those aircraft (both static on the ground and real world traffic) is a SimObject that the sim has to create/destroy.

I wish there was an option to to decrease the number of real world AC like there is for the regular AI, especially when at large airports.

Edited by desbean

32 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I do notice little decrease of performance after few hours. It can be a memory leak. That is were hardware may play a role.

Now why people who don't have problem come to say they don't? Well if we can compare both groups of people then there is chance to identify factors why it works for some  and doesn't for another. At least it's helpful when I troubleshoot software problem in my line of work

Exactly and compare tu different mods or settings etc. I'm not having any ctd btw 

35 minutes ago, Clem116 said:

Yep...

Set up a flight, fly it and note where you were and what you were doing when it crashes.

Screenshots or a video would be helpful.

Tell me about the flight setup and I (and possibly other pilots) will see if I can fly the same flight and see what happens.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW