Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

I am SO sick of this...

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

I didn't have Ti..

But the OP did.......

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I don't know if this will fix your issue, but:

I was having a problem with the same dll when trying to use the latest version of ade.  My search led me to the application VC_redist.x64.exe which came from Microsoft's site.  That fixed the problem.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

A pure tech support thread doesn't require positive testimonials. but how can someone ignore a "I'm so sick of this" thread if their experience has been different. 

I have had a couple rare ctds since aug with msfs but I fly everyday.  I have ctds way more often with xplane as comparison. .  I sort of assume some occasional ctds with flight sims due to their nature .. Just through experience  from xplane. And ctds I see in twitch streams of p3d. 

But again,  they should be relatively rare .

I wish OP luck figuring out the issue with his setup

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

9 hours ago, Clem116 said:

Honestly the CTD has never repeated itself once. I could get one 5mins into a flight or 3 hrs in. And move of the time I am away from my PC when it happens as I am in cruise. So I don't do anything particular and I fly alone. 

Hi Clem...

Yeah CTDs are frustrating, thankfully I experienced not many. In your specs I see an overclocked CPU. Try to not overclock your system, maybe it‘s worth a try?

Tom

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

The 1080Ti is well up to the task, but obviously the settings have to be matched to it.

I frame limited my 1080Ti to 30 FPS at 4k 70% scaling on a mix of high/ultra settings, and I haven't had a CTD for months now; I had plenty initially - really frustrating, and I nearly gave up!  So I understand what the OP is going through.

I traced my CTD's to power spikes and overheating of the GPU when I finally monitored it.  As I was kicked out to the desktop, the graphing software left open was showing the 100% GPU usage, power spikes through the top of the graph, and 87C!

Before this I had no problems in any other game, but as we know, MSFS is a bit 'special' and quite demanding on the GPU.  Because I had no previous problems, I blamed it all on MSFS and thought it was trash, then I saw what it was doing to the GPU at unlimited frames.

Like I say, sensible settings and frame limiting at 30 fps brought all the temps and power draw down to better levels (90-95% utilisation, and 77-78C, and no more CTD's now for a long while.  30 FPS is easily enough if it is smooth (without VR of course).

Oh, and I was slightly overclocked on the GPU initially, but I find it holds those settings at 30 fps now on standard clocks, so yes, a 1080Ti is more than capable at the right settings, it also has 11 GB VRAM, which is more than a new RTX 3080.

Not saying MSFS doesn't have it's problems.  Like some others, I do get stuttering after a few hours (memory leaks in the sim maybe?), and the occasional pauses are just the software trying to load something or access the server I think (I have a poor internet speed).

This is just my experience.  If everything else is alright in terms or software, you can find a sweet spot with a 1080Ti.  As for the occasional stuttering, when it sets in, after landing, I just quit out of the sim then restart before selecting another flight; it is the only way it seems, and hopefully MS / Asobo find out what is causing it - that is if Asobo even fly their own sim for this length of time, because judging by some of the regressions creeping in, they don't seem to notice them.  How they missed the recently introduced scenery spikes and morphing coastlines defies belief! :unsure:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Yeah, the 1080Ti seems very well suited to the MSFS 2020 environment. I'm running at 2K and most settings on HIGH and some on ULTRA. The old 4790K work horse has a new lease of life. Haven't had a CTD for months either apart from that Update that caused them and was hotfixed.

Never had a single CTD after 250+ flight hours. After last update from Asobo I have had 4 out of 8 flights in different parts of the globe. Deleted cache, seemed to work only to experience another one yesterday. GPU and CPu working perfectly fine, it´s just..poof, and me watching my desktop wallpaper in disbelief. 

• Upvote 1

Iñigo Bildarratz

9 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

Never had a single CTD after 250+ flight hours. After last update from Asobo I have had 4 out of 8 flights in different parts of the globe. Deleted cache, seemed to work only to experience another one yesterday. GPU and CPu working perfectly fine, it´s just..poof, and me watching my desktop wallpaper in disbelief. 

If you fly the same flight again does it crash in the same way as it did in the previous crash (repeatable problem)?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Just got one from just sitting in the lobby for 20mins....

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.12.13.0, time stamp: 0x5fda3fe4
Faulting module name: VCRUNTIME140.dll, version: 14.28.29325.2, time stamp: 0x5f6d82df
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000012de
Faulting process id: 0x38d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e048b690a165
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
Report Id: 102d986e-1402-4ba5-8a0c-74dc8e6f7547
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

43 minutes ago, Clem116 said:

Just got one from just sitting in the lobby for 20mins....

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.12.13.0, time stamp: 0x5fda3fe4
Faulting module name: VCRUNTIME140.dll, version: 14.28.29325.2, time stamp: 0x5f6d82df
Fault offset: 0x00000000000012de
Faulting process id: 0x38d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e048b690a165
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
Report Id: 102d986e-1402-4ba5-8a0c-74dc8e6f7547
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

"Just got one from just sitting in the lobby for 20mins.... "

So, you do not have to be on a flight (in the Lobby?)

The reason is:

Faulting application name: VCRUNTIME140.dll

Some running program / App on your PC caused it.

You just happen to be using MSFS at the time.

See:

c0000005 in event viewer:
Originally posted by  EllipticCurve here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=136869&start=30

"Learn this code...MEMORY ACCESS VIOLATION.
A program is doing something bad with memory it does not own."

Edited by vonmar
added information

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

bad overclock maybe? might want to back of a bit. I got a few CTD when I was running at 5.2. Now I'm at 5.0 and no CTD. Also make sure cooling is sufficient 

Edited by devgrp

Did you try what I suggested? People were getting this crash with steam games because of steam and Nvidia GeForce Experience. I see your running the steam version. 

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

AME GE90, GP7200 CFM56 

Hi there,

Here is a tool what has helped me numerous times with many P3D issues.I'm not a friend of those repair tools but this one does nothing you couldn't do yourself in the command prompt - if you knew all the commands. If it doesn't help it didn't do any further damage to the system, if it helps, the better. Go to the website: https://www.tweaking.com/

Download the free version Tweaking.com and give it a go. I even purchased a license after using it for 2 years to support them.

Good luck

Mick

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 TI, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

4 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Here is some interesting read regarding this error https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/how-to-fix-error-code-0xc0000005-in-windows/

There is also similar error described on Nvidia forum. It could be related to system or hardware not necessarily to MSFS

I just had another one just before ToD on a flight from ATL to DTW. I had a great flight last night from BOS to DFW. Both were done with live weather and in the FBW A320.

I do think this may be an issue with my system. This is the first build I assembled completely on my own, so who knows if I missed something. Contrary to what my sig says, I'm running stock with XMP1. I did have an AI overclock earlier, but I ditched it due to other CTD's (those stopped immediately after removing the overclock). I'll get around to doing a manual overclock, but I really don't feel like monkeying with it now. Temps are good and FPS performance is good. Card is slightly overclocked with Afterburner. Some of the suggestions in that link are different from what I have on my system, but SFC did find/repair corrupt files.

I'll see if that helps. Thanks for the link.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad