Sign in to follow this  
kt069

Can Anyone See Ice Effect on Windows of A320NX/A320N

I am not able to see ice on the windows of A320NX FBW (or default A320N), while I can see icing on the fuselage and rest.

Any suggestions ?? Thanks.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

There is ice on GA windshiels but I am wondering about A320NX

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

I have seen it on the A320 windows before the last two updates.

Now I only see on the fuselage.

• Like 1

Seems more realistic this way. The windows are heated anyway, so I don't see how ice could form on them in the first place.

The ice is the dumbest eye candy x-boxy non-sim thing in the game.  Airplanes look like they have been sitting on the ground in Barrow in December over night after 5 minutes in a cloud.  I believe FBW got rid of the effect on purpose, and rightfully so. 

Dear collegues;

It is a preference and can be realistic to one and not realistic to another. Personally, I wanted to see this effect .If anyone does not like it, it can be turned off, somehow. 

I just wanted to learn; if I am the only one that can not see the ice on A320NX or A320N (default) ? Thanks.

Edited by kt069
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, motishow said:

speaking about weather effects, i can't hear the rain sound  since last update, anyone more?

Hi;

There is the rain sound but quite low. I can suggest to adjust the sound volumes. I did so and hear the rain sound.

Edited by kt069

2 hours ago, aniiran said:

The ice is the dumbest eye candy x-boxy non-sim thing in the game.  Airplanes look like they have been sitting on the ground in Barrow in December over night after 5 minutes in a cloud.  I believe FBW got rid of the effect on purpose, and rightfully so. 

Actually it's realistic if you don't turn the interior heat or defrost on, as you would in a real plane, so in that sense it might be important for a true simulation.

• Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

20 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Actually it's realistic if you don't turn the interior heat or defrost on, as you would in a real plane, so in that sense it might be important for a true simulation.

I think so, too. Therefore I wanted to this effect on the A320N windshield but could not, yet.

Edited by kt069