Sign in to follow this  
Jaxsimmer

Press any key to start!

So I fire up the sim this morning, it hangs on the Monument Valley screen for about ten minutes, then the "Press any key to start" screen comes up with all the beautiful watermasks and graphics. Things are still loading with a black screen and the circle spinning down and the lower right...its been another ten minutes. Is my sim possessed?

Bennett

Something's wrong here too. I can't connect to the server, therefore Marketplace and online features are unavaible. Anyone else having issues?

Matej Stavanja

Ugh, it now keeps cycling back to the "Press any key to start" screen, then when I do that it goes back to a black screen with the circle. But the music sounds nice in the background! Happy New Year!

I feel bad for these Asobo guys. I'm in the IT field and there is nothing more horrifying than waking up Monday morning to some crashed stuff and a bunch of users scowling at you. I can only imagine waking up New Years Day and having millions scowling and trying to do in flight missle repair to try to figure out what the heck is going on.

Edited by Jaxsimmer

2 minutes ago, hollow1slo said:

Something's wrong here too. I can't connect to the server, therefore Marketplace and online features are unavaible. Anyone else having issues?

Had the same problem a few days ago. My problem was a corrupted mod on community folder. Removed it and went back online again 😃

1pc:WIN11/64, MSFS,PF3,TRacKir5,SPAD Next,FSUIPC 7,GSX
I7-12700KF/32Gb DDR4 3600MHz/ASUS ROG 2070 SUPER OC/GEKOGS105/Alpha Flight Control/CH throttle,Ped/SAITEK InstR/Radio Panel
2pc:WIN10 LNM,remote text program,pf3 display

Really, to enable efficient diagnostics of sim problems at any time or especially following an update the first Go To action should be to empty the Community Folder, Shut Down and then restart the rig and take it from there.

With many threads about nuisance problems reported recently many (8/10) seem to be sorted once the OP has emptied a problematic Mod from that folder.

Was the sim updated between last night and today? And my only mod is the CRJ. That has been pulled out and restarting now. We will see.

Press Any Key appears if you are logged out of the XBox account. You should be able to force a log-out via some or the other XBox app interface. Restart, wait for Press Any Key and log in when the menu appears. 

this is a repeat of the Christmas eve issue - where I understand was caused by a server outage\back-end issue.

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Restarting and logging off and then logging in xbox app usually fix all problem. Once in a while I still have problem with insert MSFS disk LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI