Sign in to follow this  
Highflyer525

Looping message - hold number one, traffic on final

Hi,

This has happened a couple of times to me recently. I've attached the log and copy of the conversation to help with this one.

Sat ready to take off (EGNX - P3D), one in front and two on final. First one on final lands, then the AI in front of me lines up and takes off, then the second one on final goes around because it was too close, but all the time, this message you can see in the text file is just stuck looping. There was nothing I could do to stop it. Changed frequency, tried to respond both verbally and via the menu, in the end disconnecting and reconnecting was the only way to kill it off.

Remote network using WideFS

Log File Download

Conversation Text Download

Thanks,

Looking at the log file, ATC kept saying you were # 2 for departure and the readback was #1 for departure.  The program ATC expected a correct readback and kept repeating because the readback was incorrect.

But after that, I do see where it got into a loop of saying you are number one for departure, traffic on final.

I also see that the voices are not loading correctly and I can't tell if the copilot was reading back that call.  The readbacks are important to keep the conversation state correct.

Please let me know if the readbacks were happening.

Dave

Hi Dave,

It was a few days ago now, so I can't quite remember, but I think it kept mishearing me for a start.

Co-pilot was off so it was me answering all the time. However, I started to use the predefined responses when it couldn't hear me. Then when it started looping, it was ignoring the PTT button so I tried with predefined again but it just wasn't responding.

I'll see if I can find what's causing the voices not to be found. 

Cheers,

Mark. 

Hi Dave,

Just an update on the voices. It looks like a couple of the default Windows 10 voices have become obsolete maybe? David Desktop and Zira Desktop don't seem to be available anymore. The David Desktop voice files are missing from their directory now as well. Oddly, the Zira Desktop ones are still there but they won't play. 

Anyway, it looks like they've been replaced with Microsoft Zira and Microsoft David. I've been through all of the voices and made sure they work with the test button now and removed the dead ones. 

I'll jump in a flight at EGNX again in the morning and make sure I'm number 2 if I can, and see if it happens again. 

Cheers,

Mark.

Morning Dave,

I got myself into the same position this morning, and it all worked perfectly. Maybe not being able to find the correct voice triggered it.

If it happens again I'll let you know.

Thanks for your help,

Mark.