Sign in to follow this  
haseen

Captain Sim 767 II for P3D v5 and Level D Sim 767.

I am looking at Captain Sim 767 II i e version 2 for my P3D v5.1. I use Level D sim 767 in FS X Steam. But for P3D v5, I could find none other than Captain Sim 767. Is it comparable to Level D sim 767 as per system realism specially autoflight functions? Is it worth of almost 100 USD?

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

Edited by haseen
typo

I don't have it but if you really want a 767 for P3D then I think it's your only choice.

It's prettier than the LevelD offering but, from what I've heard, the systems modelling isn't as good; with missing or inop functions/switches or features that don't work as they should.

Only you can decide if that's worth $100, Captainsim does have sales quite a bit with nice headline discount figures but they usually don't take much off their most recent products.

iwebber,

Thanks for your comment.

Haseen Ahmad.

I do have it, and like @iwebber said, it's the only choice for P3D.  Its value is subjective.  I can tell you that it feels like what I think an airplane of that type and size would feel since my real-world piloting experience is limited to small general aviation airplanes.  With the CS767, I've completed many flawless flights, some maximizing automation and some with a good combination of manual and automatic flight modes.  Some folks have mentioned VNAV doesn't work as expected.  This expectation could be based on how VNAV works in a 737 from another developer.  I don't know if in real life both VNAVs work the same.  I have seen Captain Sim make several updates.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Thanks SAX702.

I  saw a few videos of the CS767. In there, they armed LNAV & VNAV before take off. But I talked with real world B767 pilots of Gulf Air. They said, VNAV can't be armed on ground in a 767. They take off in FD take off (TO TO) mode. And engage LNAV at 500 ft. (if departure is appropriately set in the FMS) or HDG SEL and VNAV or FL CH at 1500 ft. Either VNAV or FL CH causes CLB power to set.

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

1 hour ago, haseen said:

Thanks SAX702.

I  saw a few videos of the CS767. In there, they armed LNAV & VNAV before take off. But I talked with real world B767 pilots of Gulf Air. They said, VNAV can't be armed on ground in a 767. They take off in FD take off (TO TO) mode. And engage LNAV at 500 ft. (if departure is appropriately set in the FMS) or HDG SEL and VNAV or FL CH at 1500 ft. Either VNAV or FL CH causes CLB power to set.

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

Ahmad,

The issue here is that each company has different procedures. Some will arm LNAV/VNAV on during preflight and take off that way, others don't, same applies for the FD.

Re arming, yes it can be armed but will activate through 400 FT.

If you look at BFCTM you will find interesting reading and how each company is different in procedures.

Regarding Golf Air, they parked their 763ERs in about 2008. 

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

I've heard more than once the issue of not arming LNAV and VNAV before takeoff, like it's done with the B737.  I engage it once in the air and it has worked for me every time.  Sometimes I have had to recycle VNAV, specially when I reach an intermediary altitude on my climbs before ATC clears me to climb to higher altitudes.  Given the reality of different implementation, customizations, and airline procedures, some developers simulate a particular tail number, sometimes using a specific airline procedures.  I've also seen while beta testing for other jets, that developers may have a set of real-world pilots for the airframe they're developing and those pilots influence how the simulation is implemented.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Not to argue, but even with the 737 some will arm and some will not. Not a rule, company and software specific. 

As an (real life example) our 738 guys have a discretion of having the LNAV/VNAV armed before t.o. (90% use it on, it looks like the others don't trust the system) while the on the 777 we have it on part of preflight and normal operations.

• Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Dear Gentlemen:

I purchased/installed CS767 II in my P3D v5 yesterday. I am flying it and enjoying! It is much better than my expectations. However, there is scope of fine tuning by the devs though.

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad. 

19 hours ago, haseen said:

Dear Gentlemen:

I purchased/installed CS767 II in my P3D v5 yesterday. I am flying it and enjoying! It is much better than my expectations. However, there is scope of fine tuning by the devs though.

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad. 

Haseen my friend. So how do you rate your CS767 compared to the LevelD? I spent two hours yesterday studying videos and reading impressions and would really like to have a 767 in V5 but tend to choke on that 99 dollar price. So far has the software worked well and free of bugs?

My first add-on plane was the CS757 in FSX and that one left me with a bad taste for CS. It was so buggy as to be unusable. It was the last purchase I ever made from them.

So after a couple of days are you still happy with the aircraft and rate it with other addons in that price range?

Thanks Vic G.

Vic green

Dear PATCO LCH:

Thanks for your query. 

In my opinion, It is not as accurate as Level D Sim. And its price 100 US $ is definitely high imho, only the 767-300ER with PW, not the -200 and not the GE version. But again, as I said earlier, it is better than I expected from CS. Hope they'll improve it further. Now I am looking forward to get their CS 757 III as I am impressed by their CS767 II.

Just for reference, I fly PMDG 747 QOTS II, 737 NGXu, FSLabs A3xx, Leonardo Fly the Mad Dog X MD 8x, Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Pro in my p3d v5. They are my cup of tea. Hope that helps. Cheers!

Thanks & regards,

Haseen Ahmad

Dhaka, VGHS, Bangladesh.

Edited by haseen

2 hours ago, haseen said:

Dear PATCO LCH:

Thanks for your query. 

In my opinion, It is not as accurate as Level D Sim. And its price 100 US $ is definitely high imho, only the 767-300ER with PW, not the -200 and not the GE version. But again, as I said earlier, it is better than I expected from CS. Hope they'll improve it further. Now I am looking forward to get their CS 757 III as I am impressed by their CS767 II.

Just for reference, I fly PMDG 747 QOTS II, 737 NGXu, FSLabs A3xx, Leonardo Fly the Mad Dog X MD 8x, Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Pro in my p3d v5. They are my cup of tea. Hope that helps. Cheers!

Thanks & regards,

Haseen Ahmad

Dhaka, VGHS, Bangladesh.

Thank you for the reply haseen. I too fly the aircraft you mentioned except the FSLabs. Plenty else to keep me busy. As much as I would love to have a 767 I'm afraid the price is a put off for the lack of PMDG or LevelD fedelity. Hope you continue to enjoy.

Vic green

So why do I feel compelled to reopen this old thread? To retract what I said above. Not being able to resist my curiosity and desire for a good 767 I purchased this aircraft and must say I have really enjoyed it. It's been a few years since flying the Level D but I really can't think of anything it had over the CS767 model. The graphics are head and shoulders above anything else as well as the sound package and as far as I can tell the avionics suite is very well detailed. The freighter variant is coming and I'm sure there will be more variants coming. Capt Sim has really come up in quality over the years since my first disappointing purchase long ago. Being an FS2Crew fan I went ahead and purchased Multi Crew Experience to have an FO for this and the TFDi aircraft. My next purchase will be the CS757 base.          

Vic green