Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

Qw787 wind data

Has anyone got the wind data to work in the QW787 with the new HIFI ASP3D weather engine?

DES forecast or LEGS? Both work fine IIRC, haven’t flown it in a while though. For Forecast you have to manually input the Flight Levels that you want wind data for

works well here in P3DV5.1 including the METAR and TAF on the Companys page under communication. 

Michael Moe 

Also my CTD seems gone after deleting the reallight folder and disabled trueglass.

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hello i have a message from QW787 when i request wind in route page. ACTIVESKY WEATHER DATA NOT FOUND + current_wx_snapshot.txt + wx_station_list.txt.

i have found those files in my C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\ASP3D\Weather

I run p3dv5.1 ASP3D v7688 and QW787 last version avail.

any idea to solve it.

Marc

Edited by Marc320

1 hour ago, Marc320 said:

Hello i have a message from QW787 when i request wind in route page. ACTIVESKY WEATHER DATA NOT FOUND + current_wx_snapshot.txt + wx_station_list.txt.

i have found those files in my C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\ASP3D\Weather

I run p3dv5.1 ASP3D v7688 and QW787 last version avail.

any idea to solve it.

Marc

Proceed as follow. But first a small explanation about how QW 787 is handling winds and decent forecast winds (winds depending on certain altitude values).

First off all you must search your QW787.CFG file and modify it. QW needs the path of ASP3D (WX) as it has to know where to look for the data. This is done by putting in the location "string" where your WX file can be found. So the one you found already.  

Most of the time your QW787.CFG is located at:

J:\P3D <Sim Root directory>\QualityWings

The drive letter is mine, yours may be a different letter.

Open the CFG file with notepad or something like that.

Paste in your string with this text in front of it:

HiFiSnapshotDir=C:\Users\marcu\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\ASP3D\Weather.......

This is it for the QW787 to find weather data.

Now you have to put in the different altitudes which QW787 needs for pulling the wind direction and speed for the decent forecast (Cockpit view: MCDU -> VNAV Page -> Forecast -> Request). YOu have to search a bit because the VNAV page has 2 or 3 different "pagesites". Press prev/next and search the site with the forecast button.

Unfortunately this different altitude values must also be put into your QW787.CFG file one time manually. It will be used every time you fly that plane and press "request" at the forecast page in your MCDU.

To make this work you have to decide which altitudes you need. I have these:

DescForecastAlt1=37500
DescForecastAlt2=27500
DescForecastAlt3=17500
DescForecastAlt4=10000

You have to copy and paste all values above just below your last line in the same QW787.CFG file. The altitudes can be changed to those values you whish. This has to be done one time. Only if you uninstall and reinstall the plane again, you must do it again. So you may want to make a backup copy of that file and save it on a different location at your PC.

Now save the file and that´s it!

This can also all be found in the QW manual. It is very useful to read that CFG-File section (quite at the end of that document (Page 411 and further)! Of course you should read it onetime complete.....

All those suggestions CAN be used as you like it. No musts, but some useful entrances can be made.

My QW787.CFG looks like this below.

Happy flying and should you have some more questions......just ask!

Marcus (EDDF)

IrsAlignSecs=180
MinAptRwyLen=6300
CabinAirTempUnit=C
WeightUnit=KGS
ArmPauseAtTod=1
PauseAtTod=1
Arm1xAtTod=1
1xAtTod=1
RemoteCdu=1
daytime_lightsplashes=1
HiFiSnapshotDir=C:\Users\marcu\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\ASP3D\Weather
DisplayProgETE=1
AccelHt=1500
CduAutoCalcVspeeds=1
CduAutoCalcZfw=1
LoadFuelonFlightPlanLoad=1
LoadPanelStateonAcLoad=1
PanelState=AT APU.PNL
dynamic_lighting=1
FlightPlansFolder=J:\P3D Sim Root\QualityWings\QW787\FlightPlans
ArmPauseAtDistFromDest=1
PauseAtDistFromDest=225
DescForecastAlt1=37500
DescForecastAlt2=27500
DescForecastAlt3=17500
DescForecastAlt4=10000

mute_on_lost_focus=

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Good day sir. i have dome my route string exactly as yours, just changed my name and of course my sim. still having issues with my 787 and active sky. This how the route string is looking. i dont know what i am doing wrong

C:\Users\Arno\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\AS16_FSX\Weather. can you maybe help please

Regards

Arno

Edited by arnoc123
forgot to switch on notify for replies

That folder path does not look right to me if you are on an FSX sim platform. The default path should be:

C:\Users\End User\AppData\Roaming\Hifi\ASNFSX\Weather

The one Marcus posted above was for P3D.

Can you confirm which sim you are running the B787 on?

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!