Sign in to follow this  
Dexter1979

Flight Simulator is amazing

I just wanted to share my screenshots while making a quick flight over Buenos Aires before going to bed... Using ultra settings at night I get between 30 and 20 FPS 😕... I'm gonna wait for the RTX 4000 series before upgrading my pc....

It's really nice to see that there are many freeware enhancements to stock cities... 

wuuoOj.jpg

xjSx9M.jpg

vQp0UZ.jpg

4hRisQ.jpg

e20WEi.jpg

TPAtRW.jpg

gTknWM.jpg

Cheers...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

Nice pics, Yes I'm really starting to love it, I have everything dialed in and its so smooth with so much detail, and I finally have a solid working aircraft(Working Title CJ4) Even spent money on my first payware airport FSDT KEYW.

38 minutes ago, MrSpeaker said:

Nice pics, Yes I'm really starting to love it, I have everything dialed in and its so smooth with so much detail, and I finally have a solid working aircraft(Working Title CJ4) Even spent money on my first payware airport FSDT KEYW.

I do like FSDT Key West ... good price and lots of nice addon features like the animated passengers in the terminal and the detailed Fort Jefferson.

1 hour ago, Dexter1979 said:

I just wanted to share my screenshots while making a quick flight over Buenos Aires before going to bed... Using ultra settings at night I get between 30 and 20 FPS 😕... I'm gonna wait for the RTX 4000 series before upgrading my pc....

It's really nice to see that there are many freeware enhancements to stock cities... 

Cheers...

Downscale the resolution and enjoy the sim at decent framerates. It's too early for 4K, specially in FS. Hopefully we will have DLSS along with DX12 next summer.

I will enjoy 1440p with my new RTX 3090 (arriving today!) for a long time before I decide to change my monitor with a 4K.

Edited by MrFuzzy

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

5 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Downscale the resolution and enjoy the sim at decent framerates. It's too early for 4K, specially in FS. Hopefully we will have DLSS along with DX12 next summer.

Perhaps for you.

MSFS looks great in 4k on a 4k HDR 1000 monitor. And it doesn't run badly, either. No, not a humble brag, just found your statement a little odd.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

MSFS looks great in 4k on a 4k HDR 1000 monitor.

Agreed. Running at 4K / HDR with most settings at ultra on a 2080ti here...really makes a world of difference on a large panel to be able to run at a high native resolution. 

Back to the OP, you can definitely push the performance with the new Nvidia or AMD cards, but many addons that are ports of Google earth data can even bring those to a grinding halt. 

Back to the joy of the sim. This was a little sightseeing trip north of Christchurch yesterday...it really was magic.

qlGPfdI.jpg

Edited by DylanM
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

It's too early for 4K, specially in FS. Hopefully we will have DLSS along with DX12 next summer.

The 3090 with a good cpu works perfectly good at 4K. It’s by no means too early. 45-60fps is great for simming and that is what 4K provides. 

• Like 4

On 12/30/2020 at 7:01 AM, Midnight Music said:

There  are several really good videos on YouTube showing the FBW A320neo start up procedure, very helpful.

Lee

On 1/2/2021 at 7:17 AM, EasternT3 said:

Firstly I’m struggling to update the AIRAC for MSFS 2020 and more specifically the A320 (I use the FBW mod), I have downloaded the navigraph beta manager and updated it through there but it still has the last AIRAC cycle installed. 

Secondly i use simbrief for my OFP and would like to electronically write on them (ATIS, Dep/Arr Clearance, On/Off Block etc) does anyone know a way to write/edit PDFs without buying any extensions/can you download the simbrief OFP as a word document instead?

Thanks

On 1/2/2021 at 6:54 PM, Dexter1979 said:

wuuoOj.jpg

xjSx9M.jpg

vQp0UZ.jpg

4hRisQ.jpg

e20WEi.jpg

TPAtRW.jpg

gTknWM.jpg

Cheers...

Flying a Cessnas never been so much fun unless your flying a 'real' one eh?...

Just now, fuzz_bucket said:

Flying a Cessnas never been so much fun unless your flying a 'real' one eh?...

The real one is far more expensive unless you are lucky enough to be able to put it online with a flying school to offset the dreaded 1000 hour maintenance.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

The 3090 with a good cpu works perfectly good at 4K. It’s by no means too early. 45-60fps is great for simming and that is what 4K provides. 

Hey Ian, I am trying to avoid stutters with my 3090... my CPU bottlenecks it badly. Can you tell me what are your settings? Just GSync, Ultra settings and resolution scale up until you don't see GPU limited or is there something else?

Thanks

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

4 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Hey Ian, I am trying to avoid stutters with my 3090... my CPU bottlenecks it badly. Can you tell me what are your settings? Just GSync, Ultra settings and resolution scale up until you don't see GPU limited or is there something else?

Thanks

I forced my system to become GPU limited, which makes it as smooth as it can be until Asobo optimise further. I found with a 3090, that if at any point you let it become CPU bound it stutters. So I basically upped the render scale making the graphics card sweat a bit more to ensure I was always GPU bound. Also, yes I use G-Sync too which helps a lot! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I forced my system to become GPU limited, which makes it as smooth as it can be until Asobo optimise further. I found with a 3090, that if at any point you let it become CPU bound it stutters. So I basically upped the render scale making the graphics card sweat a bit more to ensure I was always GPU bound. Also, yes I use G-Sync too which helps a lot! 

Which settings hammer GPU more than CPU ?

8 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Which settings hammer GPU more than CPU ?

Undoubtedly resolution, resolution scaling, volumetric clouds.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Undoubtedly resolution, resolution scaling, volumetric clouds.

Pretty much yeah. I did read an article back in September where people with lower end GPU's were getting smoother performance by pushing the settings higher on the GPU side. It does actually work, because it stops you (most of the time) becoming CPU limited. Luckily I have a 3090 so I can REALLY push the GPU with a higher render scale and all ultra settings. I found that when I backed off the render scale, and gave the GPU less to do, I became cpu limited and that is when the micro stuttering started. 

• Like 1