Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

Instrument Knob Control- advice sought please

Lately (perhaps coinciding with the latest Sim update) I have been unable to tune my instruments (especially HSI/VOR CRS knob) in one degree increments.  It seems to default to 10. It's driving me absolutely batty!  I've checked my mouse settings and they are all set to 1 click not 3. Is there a solution I'm overlooking? 

To add to the head scratching- on the ground I can tune 1 degree at a time.. but not airborne.  Baffled.

Ta- C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

i use a user key_shortcut on my yoke for HSI its a lot easier even if the 1-increment is working

Also I find the Crs is usually set once the proper frequency for ILS is dialed

BUT not for VOR of course 

Edited by peppy197

Sorry- would you please expound... think- "Mouse Wheel for Dummies".

Ta!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

with so many keys assigned if I assigned another key, I would probably forget it so for now I use the mouse wheel.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

A LeoBodnar Board with rotary encoders is pretty easy to build and fun too.

Then there is AirManager, currently as a beta working really well using the Knobster and a touch screen.

Both the above suggestions take a bit of tinkering but is really very easy and educational really. Not to mention the fact that it makes simming much easier and enjoyable.

There are lots of videos on YouTube showing how this is done.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

20 minutes ago, 177B said:

A LeoBodnar Board with rotary encoders is pretty easy to build and fun too.

Then there is AirManager, currently as a beta working really well using the Knobster and a touch screen.

Both the above suggestions take a bit of tinkering but is really very easy and educational really. Not to mention the fact that it makes simming much easier and enjoyable.

There are lots of videos on YouTube showing how this is done.

Thanks- but that's not the point of the post.  I repeatedly see you are quite taken with your setup... here's mine. 

I rewired everything with 2 BU0836X boards, and 1 BU0836A board.  Leo is a great guy to deal with and wrote a program to rename the boards for me so that I can identify each correctly in Windows.

I'd STILL like to use the MOUSE WHEEL...

SCvzZOQ.jpg

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

As far as I can tell, you can only get 10 degree increments with the mouse wheel.  To get one degree increments you need to put your mouse pointer on the knob and click.  This will move the needles in one degree increments.  I’ve googled this before and cannot find a good solution.

9 minutes ago, kfd said:

As far as I can tell, you can only get 10 degree increments with the mouse wheel.  To get one degree increments you need to put your mouse pointer on the knob and click.  This will move the needles in one degree increments.  I’ve googled this before and cannot find a good solution.

Thanks! I posted over at Pete's forum asking for that to be added.  I believe an iteration for FSX or FS2000 had such capability.  Silly that Asobo changed this... impossible to tune VOR CRS but I suppose very few in MSFS actually use anything other than a GPS for navigation.

The truly bizarre thing is that on the ground I can tune the knob in 1 degree increments- nutz!

C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

MSFS was reacting to 1 Degree changes for me until the Carenado Mooney showed up and it has been off and on 10 deg jumps ever since. Some say there is a win 10 mouse setting that can be selected, but, it does not work for me more than a day or so.  I have tried different mouse (s) but no joy.  This really sucks for sure.

My Saitek Multi Panel or the FIPs occasionally work for 1 deg, but, I can’t depend on it.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Ta Ray!  If you're suffering the same as me, I'm in good company.  I did ask Pete to take a look- let's see if he can come up with something.... wouldn't it be amazing if Carenado screwed that up.... I do have their Mooney and Seminole and as they are unfortunately sold in the official MSFSMP I cannot select and unselect them at will.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/91551-msfs-vor-crs-tuning/

C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I understand that the MSFS Aerosoft CRJ will require the mouse scroll wheel to flip a switch - no alternate method. Howz ‘bout dat.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

We NEED a real SDK with standardization on basic sim interaction.

A manual would also be nice. So much of my learning curve has been trying this or that.

C

PS- @raymar after re-reading your last I went back and tried my MCP and it works in the Seminole- so I'm back in business... now when I get to Sydney I'll try the Mooney and FW.... ta Ray!

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

What is probably happening is some other event is firing off constantly.
When it does that the sim detects this as "multiples" and turns up the inc/dec from 1 to 10.
It's been like that in all MS based sims. FSUIPC (misc tab) did have a checkbox to prevent this and lock the inc/dec to 1.
I don't have MSFS but had the opportunity to look at some of the gauge/cockpit coding, disgusting, command flooding is everywhere.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

I have yet to get a response from the Dowsons... meanwhile, has anyone found a solution... in the Piggy I need my VOR nav working.

Ta!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

As long as I have no "continuously connected" switches I have 1º mouse wheel response.

As soon as I have a peripheral like Alpha Yoke "continuous" switches on then I get 10º jumps.

I am waiting for a fix from ASOBO on this, it works fine in X-plane so it should be fixable.

This is the mouse I use, it is much better than others I have tried:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002B3YCQM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager