Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

How to get some 'Vibrancy' into XP?

After re-installing a bare bones XP11, [XP11.51], no add ons yet, I feel visually it lacks 'vibrancy'. 

The colors tend to look a bit washed out.

Which products address this?

Shaders?

T45

Edited by Treetops45

4 hours ago, tonywob said:

Thanks for the link.

I tried this but got stuck at the instruction (b), below. (I have underlined the relevant part)

Does the writer mean Drag & Drop the whole unzipped Reshade Injector Folder, or the contents therein, into the XP 11 folder?

I have tried both but don't get an Overwrite message.

Any guidance is appreciated.

T45

2 - I NSTALL FSE PACKAGES (works with every package)

(a) Chose the packages you want to install and download them.

(b) Drag and drop the RESOURCES folders from the provided archives into your X-Plane 11 main directory, then click on “overwrite”. MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR X-PLANE FILES

Just be aware that you start tinkering and stirring in X-Plane´s inner workings when trying to change the looks and artwork. There are certain dangers and pitfalls associated with that (nothing that couldn´t be fixed with a full reinstallation, of course).

X-Plane looks more dull and washed out than MSFS, FSX, P3D and other simulator of that lineage. Some (including me) argue that this is actually more realistic. Of course realistic isn´t always pretty.

So happy tweaking, I guess. Or maybe just try to get used to it (google some real pictures of non-photoshoot flying activities)...

Cheers, Jan

I prefer ReShade!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Hi guys,

Parnik-ARO Advanced Rendering Options.

I bought this a couple of months ago and it is the best investment for xplane11 ever! Vibrancy, gamma, contrast and literally 100more settings. Good thing is also that it works in vulkan and in VR.

I always use it when flying xplane 11. This app has never crashed my sim so it's pretty stable as well. I posted some messages about this app in the x-plane.org forums about this app.

Take a look at https://store.x-plane.org/Advanced-Rendering-Options_p_1282.html#tab-9

It's not free but it is the best 14 euro I spent in a long time.

I'm not connected to the developer or the app whatsoever.

Cheers

Jozeff

Edited by jozeff
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jozeff said:

Hi guys,

I bought this a couple of months ago and it is the best investment for xplane11 ever! Vibrancy, gamma, contrast and literally 100more settings. Good thing is also that it works in vulkan and in VR.

I always use it when flying xplane 11. This app has never crashed my sim so it's pretty stable as well. I posted some messages about this app in the x-plane.org forums about this app.

Take a look at https://store.x-plane.org/Advanced-Rendering-Options_p_1282.html#tab-9

Cheers

Jozeff

Thanks

I had a look at his demo video.

When he uses the "Post Processing" option is he referring to changing the look say, of saved screenshots, or 'looks' that can be used in future flights?

T45

2 hours ago, Janov said:

Some (including me) argue that this is actually more realistic. Of course realistic isn´t always pretty.

I think many will disagree, we've all been on planes and know how the environment looks like from above, no need to be a pilot.
Laminar only need to add a way for users to tweak things like saturation/contrast/brightness/gamma etc to their preference.
Nvidia Geforce Experience can help with tweaking these things but unfortunately it does not support XP, maybe Austin can reach out to them?

23 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

Thanks

I had a look at his demo video.

When he uses the "Post Processing" option is he referring to changing the look say, of saved screenshots, or 'looks' that can be used in future flights?

T45

Post processing is real time changing of color, gamma, contrast etc. You can choose presets so that xplane11 loads them in default. You can also disable them real time to see the difference.

Really, this is an awesome piece of software. It surprisese me that not everyone is using this tool. It really changes the entire look of xplane11, even in VR. You can also adjust everything while in VR. There are dozens of settings. Shadows, clouds, sky etc...

Jozeff

I bought ARO, but stopped using it recently because I'd played around a little too much with the settings!  Is there an idiots guide to what each setting does, or indeed any download able profiles anywhere?  I have googled to no avail. 

On 1/3/2021 at 2:58 PM, tonywob said:

The (modded) graphics in that link look truly insane. Perhaps X-Plane 12 might not have the best terrain, but if LR implements shadows, some bump-mapping and decent specularity in X-Plane 12, this is going to be a dream coming true. Not to forget the add-on orthos will make it perfect.

This will make XP 12 a dream coming true. Something that MSFS pretended and miserably failed.

Edited by BigDee

On 1/3/2021 at 9:16 PM, jozeff said:

Hi guys,

Cheers

Jozeff

I second this ^^^^^
Would write the same word by word.

Using ARO and VR, this is how my XP11 looks like right now:
(NOTE: visuals are brighter a bit because Rift S displays are darker a bit)

Aerolite-103-2021-01-11-1-23-23-AM.png

Aerolite-103-2021-01-11-1-23-53-AM.png

Aerolite-103-2021-01-11-1-26-48-AM.png

Aerolite-103-2021-01-11-1-36-57-AM.png

Edited by Pe11e
  • Upvote 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

33 minutes ago, Pe11e said:

I second this ^^^^^
Would write the same word by word.

Using ARO and VR, this is how my XP11 looks like right now:
(NOTE: visuals are brighter a bit because Rift S displays are darker a bit)

Aerolite-103-2021-01-11-1-23-23-AM.png

Aerolite-103-2021-01-11-1-23-53-AM.png

Aerolite-103-2021-01-11-1-26-48-AM.png

Aerolite-103-2021-01-11-1-36-57-AM.png

It must look great in VR.
Is there any chance you could share your config file with your settings ??? 😉