Sign in to follow this  
stubbornswiss

SayIt Button Mapping - Peculiar Problem

Greetings and a Happy New year!

I have a very peculiar problem with mapping the SayIt Button. Every time I start P2A, I have to change the mapping of this button. It will work perfectly during the flight, but after I shut down P2A, and then start it up again for another flight, the mapping doesn't work, and I have to remap it. I am currently using Ctr+F3 and Ctrl+F8, having to switch between the two each time I am planning a flight. Of course this also means that I have to change the button mapping on my Tartarus gaming keypad.

I have my PTT button mapped (Ctr+F2), and there is no problem whatsoever with this one.

I am sure this is not how it is supposed to work, and indeed I may be doing something wrong.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Albert

i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;
2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

Sounds like your AppConfig.xml file may be corrupt.

It is located at: c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Settings\AppConfig.xml

where <UserName> is your PC user name.  Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
 You can rename it (in case you want to bring it back) and then start P2A.  Set the SayIt Button, Save and quit P2A.  Start P2A again and see if it saved it.

IF that works, one way to fix the problem would be to search the old AppConfig for entries with the text "SayIt" in it and delete those entries, thereby saving your other settings.  Only do this if you are familiar with XML data formats.

Or, delete the AppConfig file, start P2A and reset your settings.

Dave

Hello Dave   🙂
I have a similar problem:
I have assigned the hotkeys X to the "Sayit Hot Key" function and the hotkeys W to the "Speech Assistant Window Hot Key" function.
This will work correctly for several P2A sessions, then these two hotkeys are no longer recognised and I cannot assign them again in P2A. So I use hotkeys U and I for these two functions. Then these two hotkeys will generate the same problem after several P2A sessions. Then I assign again the hotkeys X and W which are again recognized by P2A.

Jean-Pierre

*** Jean-Pierre *** (french user)

X-Plane v12.0.9-rc5 - Windows 10 Pro // Laptop MSI GS75 Stealth dual screens ; RAM : 32 Go DDR4 @ 3200 MHz ; CPU: I9-10980HK @ 5.3 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super - VRAM 8 Go  ; 1 disk SSD : 2 To // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Saitek Throttle Quadrant + rudder pedals MFG Crosswing // TrackIR_5

It could be the same corrupted file issue, or it could be access issues.  Do you start P2A as administrator?  If so, then if you start it as a normal user, you might lose access to the AppConfig file.

You can search the AppConfig file to see what the HotKey settings are when they stop working.  That might help find the problem.

Dave

Hello Dave   🙂
I start P2A in user mode, not in administrator mode. When keyboard shortcuts were no longer recognised by P2A, I had already looked at the AppConfig configuration file. The keyboard shortcuts "wW" and "xX" were correctly specified in the configuration file, but not recognised when P2A was running.

X-Plane v12.0.9-rc5 - Windows 10 Pro // Laptop MSI GS75 Stealth dual screens ; RAM : 32 Go DDR4 @ 3200 MHz ; CPU: I9-10980HK @ 5.3 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super - VRAM 8 Go  ; 1 disk SSD : 2 To // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Saitek Throttle Quadrant + rudder pedals MFG Crosswing // TrackIR_5

I have found a bug that is causing this for the Say HotKey.  It is fixed in the next update.

I will check it for the Speech Assistant HotKey.

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

Have you an estimate time for the next update ?

Wondering if this has been addressed, I'm seeing the same? What I've seen this morning is the PTATC window just disappears, and reappears on it's own. In other words it disappears from the taskbar, and then just shows up again?

Edited by Muskoka

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Yes, this problem was fixed in version 2.6.2.0.

If you're talking about this happening during startup, it is normal as the initial splash screen disappears, the task bar goes blank and a couple of seconds later the main screen appears along with the icon on the taskbar.

No, it was during flight. Atc was giving instructions and I couldn't get the windows to come back up with my set button pushes on my joystick. When I looked at the task bar P2atc had just disappeared, and then would come back on its own. Also, pressing the joystick button to bring up the window,  or keyboard, was very hit and miss. I'd say 50% of the time the window would not show. I'm running the Sim in windowed mode if that matters. 

Maybe I should uninstall, reinstall. I hadn't used the program for some time, and last use was with X-plane. All I did was apply the latest update from the website. 

Edited by Muskoka

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Do you have the minimize button or hot key set?  Is that the button you are talking about?

There is no button or other mechanism I know in P2A that could cause it to disappear off the Task Bar. Something strange in Windows might cause that.   If you're now running with MSFS, possible a lack or Windows resources could cause this....You need a minimum of 32GB of memory and 64GB is best when running with MSFS.

Dave