Sign in to follow this  
julian2

No autogen and slow ground textures

Hi all,

in P3D v5 with the latest hotfix I have the problem that since the last hotfix no autogen and no ground textrures are loading when I depart from an airport. When I load a flight everything looks fine. As soon as I fly to another airport I have no autogen anymore and very blury ground textures. I thought it has to do with a bunch of addons so I decided to make a clean install. But the problem stays the same. Default airport and default aircraft and no addons installed. As soon as I leave my departure airport no more loading of ground textures and autogen. I have the latest driver. I also tried with the FFTF settings. Frames locked to 30 also did not help. Hyperthreading off and on also no difference. My System is: Intell Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 24GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080. Also tried lowering the setting also with no succes. The only solution I have at the moment is when I go to the scenery library and turn off and on a random scenery that the sim is loading again.

Thanks for any advice and best regards

Julian

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

Did you run a modify to the main P3D program? and the other parts of the program too? Otherwise a full uninstall of the program and run a registry cleaner then installing back might work. 

Edited by 40track
Cant make new directory

I did a complete uninstall. Deleted all registry entries and folders. I also installed now V4 to see if this problem exists there too but V4 has no problems.

Edited by julian2

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

Ok when installing V5 again can you try to install it to a different directory and activate it if necessary to see what happens.

Edited by 40track

I did also so. Installed it in a different directory and a different SSD than before.

Antivirus programs running during install? They might be picking up false positives. Other than that stick with v4 until 5.1 HF2 comes out download the whole thing and see if it takes on any install and wait for the EA component to be tweaked hopefully by then.

Edited by 40track

Just want to report that I also have the same issues now with the latest v5  hotfix.  1080ti card, i7 processor, 32gb ram.  Blurry textures appeared for me since installing True Earth Oregon but I think that was just a coincidence. Everything was running well before this and no blurry texture issues when flying. Now and even after completely removing P3d and reinstalling to another ssd drive I still get the issues.  At a total loss as to why this is happening and pretty fedup after putting so much time and money into P3D, it was running well now bang, a mess. 😞

These are some donts and do which you must avoid or set and test again

No FFTF settings

No cfg tweaks. Delete your cfg file and let p3d build a new one

No process lasso and make sure if You used it earlier you uninstall it and reset to default before uninstalling

Lock frames is a good starting point. Lock at 20 and than go up

You could try to reinstall p3d client first of all

Delete all generated files. Search in p3d root directory for this app. It is in there and will reset all files which where created before. Basically back to default

Test and report back

Good luck. 

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, almager said:

Just want to report that I also have the same issues now with the latest v5  hotfix.  1080ti card, i7 processor, 32gb ram.  Blurry textures appeared for me since installing True Earth Oregon but I think that was just a coincidence. Everything was running well before this and no blurry texture issues when flying. Now and even after completely removing P3d and reinstalling to another ssd drive I still get the issues.  At a total loss as to why this is happening and pretty fedup after putting so much time and money into P3D, it was running well now bang, a mess. 😞

Had to do a repair install the day before yesterday after my installation could not get past the scenario window despite running optimally for the last 6 weeks or so.

Before that, latest install was the Active/ASCA Beta's. I'm also guilty of trying to shoehorn some legacy freeware scenery in v5 - some of these were made for FSX and I was using Lorby Si Addon Organizer to get them working. Nothing wrong with AO, most likely the issues with these sceneries.

Now I'm only running v5 compatible addon scenery and aircraft and all appears to be ok.

Also thought it could have been my tinkering with various combos of ActiveSky/ASCA/REX Betas but seeing current forum reports, do you think it could also be related to recent windows updates or drivers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

Test and report back

Good luck. 

Marcus

+1

5 hours ago, Tokitaumelie said:

Had to do a repair install the day before yesterday after my installation could not get past the scenario window despite running optimally for the last 6 weeks or so.

Before that, latest install was the Active/ASCA Beta's. I'm also guilty of trying to shoehorn some legacy freeware scenery in v5 - some of these were made for FSX and I was using Lorby Si Addon Organizer to get them working. Nothing wrong with AO, most likely the issues with these sceneries.

Now I'm only running v5 compatible addon scenery and aircraft and all appears to be ok.

Also thought it could have been my tinkering with various combos of ActiveSky/ASCA/REX Betas but seeing current forum reports, do you think it could also be related to recent windows updates or drivers?

Honestly I don't think so that windows was the cause. But if something went wrong with windows installs than yes. Otherwise no. 

I am simming for years now. And learnt to be careful with tinkering like installing uninstalling betas old scenery etc. 

Good to see You are back in track again 

Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

13 hours ago, mpo910 said:

No FFTF settings

No cfg tweaks. Delete your cfg file and let p3d build a new one

No process lasso and make sure if You used it earlier you uninstall it and reset to default before uninstalling

Lock frames is a good starting point. Lock at 20 and than go up

You could try to reinstall p3d client first of all

Delete all generated files. Search in p3d root directory for this app. It is in there and will reset all files which where created before. Basically back to default

Test and report back

Good luck. 

Marcus

Thats all things I tried. I also tried to revert the graphic card driver to an older version. I was in the complete default v5 version, completly new installed with no tweaks and frames locked. I now just started installing addons. Fortunately the sim runs very well on my old system and looks very good. My workaround is to let scenery reload when I am on an approach to my destination airport by ticking a scenery off and on in the scenery library tab. I hope they could fix it in the next version. I also wrote this to the official P3D forum but until now no reaction.

Anyway thanks to all for trying to help...

Julian

22 minutes ago, julian2 said:

Thats all things I tried. I also tried to revert the graphic card driver to an older version. I was in the complete default v5 version, completly new installed with no tweaks and frames locked. I now just started installing addons. Fortunately the sim runs very well on my old system and looks very good. My workaround is to let scenery reload when I am on an approach to my destination airport by ticking a scenery off and on in the scenery library tab. I hope they could fix it in the next version. I also wrote this to the official P3D forum but until now no reaction.

Anyway thanks to all for trying to help...

Julian

Are you using an affinitymask setting? If yes, turn it off testwise

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

13 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Are you using an affinitymask setting? If yes, turn it off testwise

Also no everything is default

10 minutes ago, julian2 said:

Also no everything is default

Have you checked if your GPU is running on default clock speeds? You can check this with tools like HW monitor or so. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png