Sign in to follow this  
julian2

No autogen and slow ground textures

I haven't done this. I will try and report back. I have the gameboost button enabled in my bios. Does this has to do with default clock speed?

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

14 hours ago, Tokitaumelie said:

Had to do a repair install the day before yesterday after my installation could not get past the scenario window despite running optimally for the last 6 weeks or so.

Before that, latest install was the Active/ASCA Beta's. I'm also guilty of trying to shoehorn some legacy freeware scenery in v5 - some of these were made for FSX and I was using Lorby Si Addon Organizer to get them working. Nothing wrong with AO, most likely the issues with these sceneries.

Now I'm only running v5 compatible addon scenery and aircraft and all appears to be ok.

Also thought it could have been my tinkering with various combos of ActiveSky/ASCA/REX Betas but seeing current forum reports, do you think it could also be related to recent windows updates or drivers?

I’m really at a loss as to why this has happened and it has crossed my mind that could it be a Windows update or driver issue.  I always install the latest Nvidia drivers and Windows updates.  When I reinstalled P3D after noticing the original issue I also done a full reinstall of Windows OS as well.  Once updated this would have included the latest Windows updates and patches including Nvidia driver update. 

I think I have the same problems with scenery and autogen as you. When I start a flight, everything seems to be ok, but when I arrive at my destination I only see blurry ground texture. During the flight the fps have also been redused. I suspect that some of these problems has to do with ASP3D betaversion and ASCA. I tried a flight without using the weather engine, and then the the texture and autogen vegetation was back to normal, but the fps was still redused. My next step was to look at the scenery library, and my ORBX sceneries. I verified files to all my sceneries, and ORBX library. Then I had a new flight using ASP3D and ASCA and everything was ok. Frames was locked to 30, and it was no drop. In the weekend I updated to last beta 7668, and now blurry texture, missing autogen and low frames are back. I am now thinking of  going back to official versions if  ASP3D, and make some new tests. Has anyone tried this?

Tor Arild

Did you update ASCA to 7668 also? I use both without any problems. What are the specs of your PC?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Yes I updated both ASP3D and ASCA. My specs are not the best, but I have had the sim running very smooth after upgrading to HF 1.  This is my spec; I7 6700 overclocked to 4GHz, 32 Gb DDR4 2300 Ram, 1080Ti 11Gb GPU and 1Tb SSD. Tonight I tried a new flight, with fps locked to 30. For the first time I had stutters when flying without AS weather. I don’t understand what has happend the last days.