Sign in to follow this  
regis9

WT G1000 Mod - New Direct To

Hello, tonight I’m flying KBZN-KBIL using the WT G1000 mod.  While on the ground at BZN I set a direct to for KBIL and it drew the line on the G1000.  After I was airborne, I took an indirect route to avoid mountains during climb and was off the direct path.

I hit the D-> button, hit enter enter to try and go direct KBIL from my current position hit enter enter did not activate to new direct to.  I tried rotating the inner knob which brought my cursor down to activate and hit enter.  In this case though the magenta line did not redraw and remained from the direct course I had set while at BZN.

I’m not sure if this is a bug or if I’m doing something wrong when requesting a new direct to enroute?

thanks

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, regis9 said:

I’m not sure if this is a bug or if I’m doing something wrong when requesting a new direct to enroute?

The G1000 does not work correctly in MSFS... even with the WT mods.

The sequence you describe would work in the real Garmin.. but not in MSFS..

• Upvote 1

Bert

Thanks Bert.  

I’m wondering if there is a way to enter a new direct to from the aircraft’s current position?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 hours ago, regis9 said:

Thanks Bert.  

I’m wondering if there is a way to enter a new direct to from the aircraft’s current position?

I have given up... hoping that the February Garmin update will give us a new base to work from.. 😉

Bert

In addition to the DT bugs, I have found, fairly often, that the G1000 will hang on the procedures page if you try to re-enter and change something, it will freeze on numerous conditions which, in my case, comes from button pushing to try to get back to something that works etc. I am sure WT would fix these issues if they could. Hopefully, as Bert mentioned, AS./MS  fixes the Garmin implementation soon.

18 hours ago, regis9 said:

Hello, tonight I’m flying KBZN-KBIL using the WT G1000 mod.  While on the ground at BZN I set a direct to for KBIL and it drew the line on the G1000.  After I was airborne, I took an indirect route to avoid mountains during climb and was off the direct path.

I hit the D-> button, hit enter enter to try and go direct KBIL from my current position hit enter enter did not activate to new direct to.  I tried rotating the inner knob which brought my cursor down to activate and hit enter.  In this case though the magenta line did not redraw and remained from the direct course I had set while at BZN.

thanks

You are using an airport for your Direct To, so this may not work.  For a Direct To a fix or navaid I believe if you add a waypoint after that intended Direct To waypoint you may be able to trick the MSFS G1000 into doing what you wish by then activating the new leg.  The leg from your intended D→ waypoint to that new waypoint you added.  I have not tried this recently, but it seemed to work the times I tried it.  When the leg was activated the G1000 flew me to the start of that leg, which was the point I wanted to go Direct To in the first place.  Have not tried it with an airport.  Cannot recall ever wanting to go Direct To an airport.  Only to a fix.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks I’ll give that a shot

Dave

3 hours ago, rwilsonlj said:

I am sure WT would fix these issues if they could.

We're trying. 🙂  This is a tricksy one, though.

Edit:  If you're having lockups, could you do me a favor and try the tests I suggest in this thread?  It'll help narrow down just where the problem may lie.

Edited by kaosfere

2 hours ago, regis9 said:

Thanks I’ll give that a shot

In any Garmin GPS, GNS, G1000, GTN, you should be able to highlight a waypoint or fix, on any page, NRST, FPL, Map etc and execute the following sequence:

DTO, Enter, Enter

That should give you a course/magenta line to that Waypoint or fix, from your current position.

That is a memory item for any Garmin trained pilot...

First thing I will try when the February update is released 🙂

Bert

59 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

We're trying. 🙂  This is a tricksy one, though.

Edit:  If you're having lockups, could you do me a favor and try the tests I suggest in this thread?  It'll help narrow down just where the problem may lie.

I should have documented this earlier, but with the larger issues facing this sim, this seemed small potatoes. I will attempt to identify repeatable steps that causes the freezes and will report back.