Sign in to follow this  
altenae

How do you deal with it....

And another long flight ended with a CTD on the ILS....

Will it ever be stable.......................

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

How long was the flight?

I flew from London to Boston the other day - 6.5 hrs and then back again the day after 5.5 hrs. Intercepted the ILS each end no problem.

Possibly you should review your graphics settings. You could be over-taxing your system.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Upvote 1

You know, if your sim is able to work continuous for 6 hour flight, that seems pretty darn stable to me.

I would start looking for internet connection problem or something like that.

• Like 1

Are you running with any third party addons - if so which ones?

I've never had a CTD....I think it's due to running a close to vanilla setup as possible with only aircraft addons.

• Like 1

I’ve started running the sim with only the mods/addons I need for the flight I’m planning to do.  Maybe not fool proof but so far I haven’t had a CTD since I started using this approach.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

The only time I have ever had a CTD was mod related. I try to minimize the ones I have. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Try repeating the same flight but this time, turn off all AI Traffic and online traffic. Perhaps a few other settings can also be lowered one notch that will reduce demand. A CTD on final approach can point to your system running tight on memory, how much do you have? Especially since you mention it was a long flight. Your system is now loading the arrival airport and if you have been running close to the ‘edge’, it can be enoug to trip your system, especially when the arrival airport is a add-on.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I have over 250 hours in this sim and never had a CTD, I know it does not help you, but I would check a few things.

Empty your Community folder of all mods, unless you fly with one, keep that one

It seems MSFS does not like overclocking

Is Windows up to date? Are your graphic drivers up to date? Do a clean install of your graphic drivers, meaning uninstall the old driver (see YT how to do it) properly.

That's what I would try.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

Well considering I have only had one unexplained/unresolved CTD since the release, I deal with it pretty well.  I have very few mods (mainly the 'required' ones such as the Garmin mods).  I don't overclock and my system is new and dedicated to MSFS and associated other apps (SPAD, FSUIPC, etc).  

I haven't had a single CTD since its release, I don't use mods but just one (vegetation draw fix) and fly Carenado.

• Like 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

You can just keep manually saving every few minutes. Whatever the process is - escape, space key, save file, overwrite, close, return to sim, repeat 15 minutes later. Yeah, a quicksave key is just too much to ask. God forbid an actual autosave like other games this day and age. But, oh wait, saving and reloading will delete all your weather and disable all weather options unless you start a new flight from scratch. What a flippin' great feature (NOT!). Whatever, no one cares about that at all. Clear skies, 3 kts at 270, and 29.92 all the way to your destination!

Or just keep restarting the flight from the beginning every time it CTDs. Maybe it'll be your lucky day!

Edited by NightOfDreams

I have only had CTD when using mods. Like the last update to Kai Tak is giving me CTD when I load it. When using stock scenery I have never had a CTD.

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

7.62x35

LOL!

Hang in there, all sims have been like this at first.

Edited by DaveCT2003
  • Like 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I feel your pain, but it's still better to have CTD in the sim than in real life! 🙂

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI