Sign in to follow this  
MarkDH

Mapping GNS530 buttons and switches

4 hours ago, Phantoms said:

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to control things such as the FMS and Range Knobs or the selection buttons on the G1000 and the developer replied that those things weren't supported at the time on the MS official forums.

That was then. All controls that can be scanned from the simulator should be there in the current V2.0 of AAO, either ready made or ready to assemble. In version 2.01 AAO is also scanning for all  A: variables and K: events that didn't make it into the official MSFS SDK documentation yet.

50801826033_a2f1248011_z.jpg

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Just a little mini tutorial for the 530 as example:

open assign a new button (press green "+")

Choose your button

Press into the upper field "key down event"

Enter into the Filter/Search field below "530" and apply filter

Expand the HTML Variables

Doubleclick on e.g. AS530_DirectTo_Push

Click Add!

And voilá, there you have your GNS530 working

Important is, that you scan for HTML Variables when the sim is not connected once.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooooh, this looks cool.  I wonder if it would be possible to map the G1000 knobs and some buttons to my RealSimGear GNS530/430?  I wouldn’t use the screen necessarily but even being able to use my GNS530 hardware knobs to control the MSFS G1000 would be amazing.  They can be hard to scroll with the mouse.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

@Phantoms

James- please go back and scroll- there's a specific G1000 script... but it MAY be just for the VRInsight Boeing MCP II.... I'll try and research further.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

@Lorby_SI

Oliver- 

I purchased and DL yesterday... do I need to re DL or do I already have the latest version? Will there be eventual notification of updates? 

Trying to wrap my head around this... seems stunningly powerful... thanks for all your efforts.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

20 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

@Lorby_SI

Oliver- 

I purchased and DL yesterday... do I need to re DL or do I already have the latest version? Will there be eventual notification of updates? 

Trying to wrap my head around this... seems stunningly powerful... thanks for all your efforts.

C

The latest release to the shops was the version 2.0 - last year 🙂 (30th of December). If you bought it on SimMarket you are good. They will also send you an email when I upload a new version.

Remember to go to "Scripting -> Read HVARs from the sim" once in a while (=after installing new stuff to the sim). This can only run when you are not connected. That will collect all available "rogue" variables, including the G1000 etc. ones. The 2.01 will find even more, but it is still being tested currently.

If you get stuck, feel free to send me an email (or send one to guensli for that matter - he is way more proficient with the actual application and the VRI Bridge. I'm just the mechanic.)

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

3 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

I'm just the mechanic

HA HA 😆

Guenter Steiner

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

but it MAY be just for the VRInsight Boeing MCP II

Don't mix up the Scripts and the Templates!

templates do use (parts) of the (several) Scripts.

I write a Script for e.g. the DirectTo Button

I make a Template for the MCP Combo where I have assigned it, but could also assign that DirectTo Script to a Joystick also.

US6vb02.jpg

This is the Scriptgroup "G1000" which contains single Scripts for the G1000.

And its just for me having a bit more oversight: you could also assign the variables directly to a button.

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner

2 hours ago, regis9 said:

I wonder if it would be possible to map the G1000 knobs and some buttons to my RealSimGear GNS530/430?

Not with AAO directly, sorry.

Those devices are Arduino based, right? Writing a Bridge program for those is easy enough (=bridging the Arduino serial protocol to the AAO WebAPI). But since I don't have any RSG hardware, I would need somebody to be my eyes. I successfully performed stunts like that already (like with the VRI Bridge), and it usually only takes a couple of days, but it puts a fair bit of strain on everyone involved... Plus, I think that RSG already have their own plugin for MSFS?

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thanks for the info, yes they are Arduino and RSG does have their own program.  What I’m trying to do though is outside their program by using one type of hardware GNS530 to control similar aspects of a different GPS device (G1000).

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I've been trying the 2.01 demo of Axis and Ohs to bind gns530 knobs and buttons for the Carenado Mooney to keys using the HTML variable events but none of them seem to work.

Do I need to read the LVARs from sim?  When I do it says Collecting LVARs, please wait then says Collection failed!

Can you do a walkthrough of how to bind GNS530 knobs?     Being able to bind the knobs would be a game changer.    Its quite clumsy having to zoom in on them and use mouse wheel.

Standard bindings that are already accessible in sim such as flaps extend work fine. 

Edited by sergemodular

46 minutes ago, sergemodular said:

Do I need to read the LVARs from sim?

No, you need to collect the HTML Vars, but AAO must not be connected!

9 Posts above yours I made a little mini tutorial describing how to assign one of the 530 HTML Vars

Guenter Steiner

This is a tremendously helpful topic...thanks for all who are sorting this out. 

One question -- I am clear on the software side, but what kind of hardware can I use for the G1000 or G530 knobs? Perhaps I just use up/down toggle switches, but a stand-alone knob might be helpful if I can link to @Lorby_SI software. 

Thanks Guenseli.   I followed the mini tutorial but was not able to get it to work.  

These are the steps I followed

1) open AAO

2) open MSFS and wait for it to load to the main screen

3) select the carenado mooney and load into game

4) under scripting click read HVARS from sim (green light on AAO is off not connected to sim)

How long should this take? Should there be some sort of feedback when you click on read HVARS from sim?  I get nothing.  How do I know if I have successfully collected the HTML Vars?

Waited 15 to 20 seconds after clicking on it for good measure. 

5) Connect to Sim by pusing green button on AAO

6) bind AS530_DirectTo_Push to a button.  

7) Push button and...   Nothing happens 😞 Page doesn't switch to Direct to page on Garmin. 

I am using AAO Demo 2.01 b01    

I've also tried this with the diamond da62 and its garmin 1000 to see if it might have something to do with using a 3rd party plane.  I have also tried it with and without the mods for the GNS530 and G1000.

Edited by sergemodular

3 hours ago, sergemodular said:

using the HTML variable events but none of them seem to work.

Hello,

sorry about that, it looks like the demo version has an installer issue. The module that goes into the sim and operates these things is missing.

We will get that fixed ASAP.

Edit: Download for the MSFS Demo version has been fixed.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI