Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

Axis and Ohs Support Sub Forum

Is it possible to have a script run another script? For instance, there a 3 landing light switches, L-N-R each with its own script. I would also like a script for ALL. Ideally I would have the all script run the other 3. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Mike

WW5130.png

| i9-10900F - 2080Ti | 32 GB RAM | Win 11 Pro | HC Bravo | AAO | StreamDeck | Air Manager |

2 hours ago, mrm0508 said:

Is it possible to have a script run another script? For instance, there a 3 landing light switches, L-N-R each with its own script. I would also like a script for ALL. Ideally I would have the all script run the other 3. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Mike

1 (>K:scriptgroup-scriptname)

When you are in the Script Editor and click "Insert Event", you will find all existing scripts in the treelist too, and you can insert them with a doubleclick.

LORBY-SI

Excellent, thank you!!

WW5130.png

| i9-10900F - 2080Ti | 32 GB RAM | Win 11 Pro | HC Bravo | AAO | StreamDeck | Air Manager |

I'm trying the demo just now with the aerosoft crj. I have failed miserably in getting the saitek multi panel to work correctly. I can't get the altitude to scroll up and down. I downloaded a script for the crj and when I open the events for the panel it only has an option for altitude select variable, I think it's called. Both the speed and heading have options for increase speed/ heading and reduce speed/ heading. I must be doing something wrong unless it's not compatible with crj. Any help please, I like the product but will only buy if it works with the saitek multi panel.and crj. Thanks

Edited by gordong

40 minutes ago, gordong said:

Any help please, I like the product but will only buy if it works with the saitek multi panel.and crj.

I don't think that it will, sorry. The logic that the CRJ uses is just too specific. From what I saw in the StreamDeck implementations, making the MultiPanel compatible with the CRJ may even require some code changes in AAO. I'm not sure that this is worth it, to be honest, TMBK there are other solutions out there for this.

LORBY-SI

Thanks for prompt reply, it's very strange as it's only the altitude that doesn't work, everything else is fine. I'll try it with my button box and see how I get on.

I thought that it was about the display. The CRJ isn't really using the default simulator events or variables, and what is shown on the MP display may not be what you expect. But with the current implementation you can't choose what AAO displays on the MP, that would require a code change. 

AFAIK the AP controls require RPN scripts. Those I have, they are part of a StreamDeck profile that a tester made.

Alt Inc:
(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·10·+·dnor·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)·++·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)

Alt Dec:
(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·10·-·dnor·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)·--·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)

Edit:
I think that when you download the CRJ StreamDeck profile by Guensli from flightsim dot to, there is an importfile in it for the CRJ scripts that he made. There should be a section with the AP commands too. Those you need to assign to the MultiPanel's actions in AAO. I will look into an option to make the MP display the value of LVars instead of the default A-Vars, that may come in handy at some point.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

No, not the displays, I use vr so not bothered about that, I'll read up about the RPN scripts but it looks like it might be beyond my capabilities. The script I downloaded has the options for increase and decrease altitude but the events for the mp does not give me that option, that's why I wondered if I had missed a step. In the manual it says to click once in the event column then double click on the right hand column for the action.

As I said before in the left hand column it only gives altitude variable which I take as being able to move it up and down (altitude) but there's no corresponding altitude variable in the script only two separate ones for increase and decrease.

Thanks again.

OK, I will take a look. Most likely this has indeed been coded as a variable change, to avoid the built-in controller acceleration of the sims. If that is the case, a code change in AAO will be necessary, to be released with a future version.

LORBY-SI

Anyone been able to get the FBW MCDU and ECAM scripts working for FBW A32NX Dev. version since SU5?

I had them working through Mobiflight + FSUIPC, but since the update no luck.

I find Axis and Ohs much easier to use; would love to get them working through AAO.

Thanks.

On 8/9/2021 at 10:44 AM, Gpan099 said:

Anyone been able to get the FBW MCDU and ECAM scripts working for FBW A32NX Dev. version since SU5?

I had them working through Mobiflight + FSUIPC, but since the update no luck.

I find Axis and Ohs much easier to use; would love to get them working through AAO.

Thanks.

I am using this script from blindye, However i am unable to get lights, gear and parking parking brake. Anyone knows where to find templates for the A320 fbw?https://github.com/blindye/aao_guides/blob/main/fbw_a32nx/fbw_a32nx_guide.md

14 minutes ago, retnavycpo said:

Will a Amazon Kindle Fire tablet work with Axis & Ohs?  Thanks, Pete

Hello Pete, 

"work with" how exactly? What use case do you have in mind?

LORBY-SI

Hello Master Lorby

just bought your AAO and configured some knobs and buttons already for x-touch mini and MSFS WorkingTitle's NXi G1000 implementation with the default Beech Baron G58.

I was wondering why none of the G1000 assignments work in the sim, only the Hvars in the HTML section have any effect in the game (AS1000_ ). AAO does show the green activity LED when I hit any G1000-assigned buttons or turn any knobs on the x-touch, but there is absolutely no effect in MSFS. But the Hvars do work, so obviously AAO is connected to MSFS. Am I missing something or is this supposed to be like this? someone in the other thread mentioned I needed some additional "bridge" program to be in the community folder, but I doubt that. here is the other thread:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/607192-axis-and-ohs-and-behringer-x-touch/?tab=comments#comment-4624005

And even if I de-install WorkingTitle NXi and revert back to the default G1000, same problem: green activity LEDs indicate that x-touch buttons/knobs were activated but no reaction in MSFS whatsoever.

apart from that, thanks for a fine product!

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

55 minutes ago, turbomax said:

I was wondering why none of the G1000 assignments work in the sim

Am I missing something or is this supposed to be like this

It is like this. The default G1000 (K:) events, that were carried over from FSX, are still in the SDK, but they don't do anything. Just like the camera controls btw, same issue.

And even the HVars/LVars are different for almost every plane and/or instrument, so individual templates are required for every implementation.

Even worse, since SU5 there are the BVar events for operating aircraft systems - but those cannot be triggered from the outside at all! I published a hack how to get access to them anyway, but that is not for the faint of heart - it requires altering the animation definition file of the aircraft.

So you have no guarantee currently that

• The default events work (although they are still listed in the SDK documentation)
  • HVars or LVars that you use on one plane will work for another
  • Or that controls work at all (B-Vars...)

There are several threads on the official and developer forums about this, but it doesn't seem like external controls are a priority for Asobo...

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI