Sign in to follow this  
HashTag

FSX-SE GSX wont install on updated FSX SE

So i just freshly installed FSX SE and am having this issue with GSX detecting my sim as an outdated FSX and cant let me select the version am using.

Its the same as the PMDG products i have which are telling me to have the latest sp2 installed when i have FSX SE already, they are all fraustrating me. Checked the registry, it looks fine 

Any solutions?

I recently purchased GSX for FSX:SE and it works.  Is it possible you have an older installer and need to download and run a new one?  If you do, one trick I have heard is that if your FSX folders are called FSX-SE, temporarily rename them to FSX and after you install change the names back.

FSDT has a very helpful support forum if you don't get answers here.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

I tried renaming the folder in AppData to FSX and now its saying FSX is outdated and FSX SE is not installed, FSUIPC wont allow me to install it to, its saying my FSX SE is outdated when its actually the latest or last update of SE

I can think of two things to be aware of, although these may not help with your particular issue:

Try the file integrity check, right-click on your steam library FSX:SE panel and choose Properties, Local Files, Verify Integrity.

Also in there can be seen a beta branch version is available. There is no beta access code necessary to install that version 63003. See if that has been installed instead of the standard version.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

13 hours ago, Muyaka said:

I tried renaming the folder in AppData to FSX and now its saying FSX is outdated and FSX SE is not installed, FSUIPC wont allow me to install it to, its saying my FSX SE is outdated when its actually the latest or last update of SE

You did rename the folder back to FSX-SE after installing GSX, right?  Or did the GSX install fail?

At this point I feel it is an old installer on your end and/or a registry issue.  The latest GSX installer works for either FSX or FSX-SE.  I have a FSX:SE folder that has been renamed to FSX (I edited the registry) and GSX installed with no problem.  I would double check with the FSDT forums, the help there know their stuff and are very responsive.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

6 hours ago, TextRich said:

You did rename the folder back to FSX-SE after installing GSX, right?  Or did the GSX install fail?

At this point I feel it is an old installer on your end and/or a registry issue.  The latest GSX installer works for either FSX or FSX-SE.  I have a FSX:SE folder that has been renamed to FSX (I edited the registry) and GSX installed with no problem.  I would double check with the FSDT forums, the help there know their stuff and are very responsive.

It still failed, but why would it tell me that my fsx se is outdated

You don't seem to have checked if you are using the beta. That could well be recognised as an "outdated version".

2 minutes ago, Reader said:

You don't seem to have checked if you are using the beta. That could well be recognised as an "outdated version".

Its actually the last version of fsx se

Another thing to try is to install SimConnect SP1 since some addons use that, in case the addon is inspecting available SimConnect versions:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-SP1\SimConnect.msi

Just in case also install:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK\SimConnect.msi

and possibly:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-RTM\SimConnect.msi

Usually FSX:SE installs the FSX-XPACK and the FSX:SE version.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

10 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Another thing to try is to install SimConnect SP1 since some addons use that, in case the addon is inspecting available SimConnect versions:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-SP1\SimConnect.msi

Just in case also install:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK\SimConnect.msi

and possibly:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-RTM\SimConnect.msi

Usually FSX:SE installs the FSX-XPACK and the FSX:SE version.

Just installed them but still wont allow. What if i went ahead to install GSX without selecting the sim to install it too, would it still work?

have you posted  your  issue at the  fdst  forum

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

8 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

have you posted  your  issue at the  fdst  forum

Yes, no response yet

34 minutes ago, Muyaka said:

Just installed them but still wont allow. What if i went ahead to install GSX without selecting the sim to install it too, would it still work?

I don't think so, because GSX is activated by in-FSX menus (similar to FSUIPC 4).  The only standalone applications I have for GSX is its updater and control panel, and both assumes GSX has been installed into a base FSX folder first.  But I see your FSDT post and there is a Next button - it can't hurt to see what happens when you click on it.  Now that you says GSX thinks your FSX:SE is version 0.0... I am wondering if a full reinstall of FSX:SE would help?  The computer you are using have never had FSX (boxed or Steam) installed in it before?

20 minutes ago, TextRich said:

I don't think so, because GSX is activated by in-FSX menus (similar to FSUIPC 4).  The only standalone applications I have for GSX is its updater and control panel, and both assumes GSX has been installed into a base FSX folder first.  But I see your FSDT post and there is a Next button - it can't hurt to see what happens when you click on it.  Now that you says GSX thinks your FSX:SE is version 0.0... I am wondering if a full reinstall of FSX:SE would help?  The computer you are using have never had FSX (boxed or Steam) installed in it before?

I had the boxed version before i got steam, i installed sim without deleting the registries the sim was not comfortable and detecting the boxed version as the one installed so i had to uninstall them both and make sure i removed all fsx entries in the registry. FSX SE is now installed with its entries only