Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

MSFS Rob Young Bonanza G36 Turbo

Hello all,

Apologies to all initiially, for using the Hangar Chat forum.  For some strange reason, in the Fora,  I can only find two entries under MSFS 2020 and they are "tips and tricks" (no questions allowed) and VR.  Neither of these is applicable and wilh my aged and feeble memory, I cannot remember where I have posted my previous questions.  If possible, can somebody please point the way?   

My query is regarding Rob Youngs Bonanza Turbo V3 mod.

First of all, this problem has existed for me since the last update, and I have been quite unable to sort it out.  The problem is that after selecting the aircraft and selecting my favourite green and gold livery, when it finally loads up, sitting on the runway, all I am getting is an outline of the cockpit with nothing in it.  I stress nothing because there really is just an outline of the cockpit.  Initially, I thought it may just be a zoom thing but zooming in and out does nothing to just getting the outline, albeit smaller or larger. I went to the external camera and all is completely normal.

Next I exited MSFS and then went to the Community folder and deleted V3 from there.  I followed that by going to the backup of the Community folder just prior to the update and copying the Bonanza V3 folder to the current Community Folder, rebooted and achieved exactly the same result.  I then deleted the V3 folder from the current Community Folder and from my mod folder (on another drive) I then downloaded a fresh zip from the Nexus Site and unzipped and moved the V3 folder to the current Community folder. I rebooted and got the same result. I deleted all of the above again and redownloaded the zip from Github and repeated the unzip and install to the Community folder. No Change whatsoever. A thing to note is that without the mod the standard Bonanza is ok and works normally.

In exasperation, I deleted the Community folder and then uninstalled MSFS. Following reinstallation, copying the backed up Community folder and a Content Manager update, I deleted all my Modded aircraft and reinstalled them individually. The Turbo Bonanza mod was the last in the list.  Everything went smoothly with the reinstall of MSFS and the modded aircraft reinstalls. However, after testing all my modded aircraft, I found all ok except for the Bonanza which remains as described above.

I am now well into the second week of deleting, reinstalling and trialling with no obvious gains.  All my other aircraft work perfectly and MSFS is as faultless (LOL) as usual.

Another thing to note is that prior to the update my Bonanza (favourite) was working normally, and all my problems are subsequent to the update.  I can only assume that as nobody else is complaining of this, I am a lone sufferer.

Any hints or ideas that I can try, which have not been mentioned above.

Please help me restore my "loved one"

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Do you use any G1000-mod? And if so, is it above the Bonanza-mod in your Community-folder? 

• Like 1

JWvdH,

I most certainly do use the Working Title mods (all of them)

My Community Folder is alphabetical and Bonanza-Turbo-v3 is located in the "b"s whilst all the Working Title mods are in the "W"s, therefore making the Bonanza above the WT G1000 mod.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

You could try changing the order by adding "000" or something similar before the Workingtitle modname. I have it named "001workingtitle-g1000", so this gets read before the Bonanza-mod.

• Like 1

JWvdH,

Renamed that and noted that 001WorkingTitleG1000 is top of the list.

Rebooted and into MSFS again .... no diffference.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Just now, JWvdH said:

😒

Me too Mate,

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Do you perhaps have other Bonanza liveries, other than those supplied with Robs mod? If so, remove those and see if that helps. Alternatively, remove absolutely everything from the community folder, except the Bonanza mod and your payware stuff. Remove even unrelated stuff, such as mod liveries for other aircraft and airports. It is possible that one or more seemingly innocuous mods is interfering.

Edited by RaptyrOne
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Just checked that livery. Works fine for me.

What happens if you backup your community folder and ONLY install the Turbo Bonanza and nothing else as RaptyrOne suggests  ?

• Like 2

Hi Guys,

Will try that and get back to you termorra.

Thanks for the help.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

This is the main issue with all these mods. It is fantastic that talented people are spending their time coming up with them but I fear that only a few are3 concerned about compatibility with other mods.

The first thing I do if I have an issue is to remove all but the problem on to be sure it works solo. If that passes muster, I add back the others in groups and recheck until I can isolate the incompatible item. With the addon managers available it's an easy 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I have only tried the red and blue livery, not the green and gold, but I did a 2.5 hour flight in the Turbo Bonanza over the weekend with no problems.

Only two mods in my Community folder, the Turbo Bonanza + the WT G1000 0.3.4.

Highly recommend using the MSFS Addon Linker (https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker) to enable/disable mods and only enable exactly what you need on a given flight.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 3

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

I'll second this - I can't get ANY of my mods to work by manually placing them in the Community folder. But when I use the add-ons linker, everything works.

• Like 1

Randall Rocke

1 minute ago, RandallR said:

I'll second this - I can't get ANY of my mods to work by manually placing them in the Community folder. But when I use the add-ons linker, everything works.

The other advantage is the linker has an addon checker which flags potentially conflicting mods so you know which ones are risky to run together.

• Like 3

The Bonanza is the only addon Aircraft that i have installed. But i installed it without the garmin 1000 stuff and it has worked perfectly since the last update. I would recommend trying to see if you will get the Aircraft to load properly if you just installed the AC and liveries only without the mods on a fresh install. 

If you manage to get it running without the Garmin addon then you at least have a baseline to start tinkering from to get them both to work.

Hopefully this helps.

Oh yes .. the Addon linker is also awesome. I was very apprehensive at first to it but once learned it is very helpful.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders