Sign in to follow this  
daan_vb

CJ4 Fuel Report half of Simbrief

I havve done about 5 flights with the WT CJ4 mod merging the performances everytime and I have found that what the Fuel Report suggests for trip fuel is almost exactly half of what Simbrief suggests (which is v accurate).

I have set up the same contingency (5%) and reserve fuel (30mins) for both.

As example a trip from LiEO to LIRQ at FL230 (no alternate):

LNM calcs -  Trip: 206, Block as 408

SB calcs -  Trip 400, Block 615

I have found that Simbrief gets it almost perfect. Why would LNM be calculating half of what SB calculates?

WAT1036.png

Do you refer to what is calculated based on a performance file (which one?) or what LNM actually measures?
The measurements in LNM (progress tab) are read from SimConnect.

Keep in mind that some add-ons doctor the fuel flow to circumvent simulator limitations.

Alex

Hi, yes the fuel report is coming from my own performance file that I have been merging over 5 flights.

I will check what LNM is reading compared to the plane next time I fly.

WAT1036.png

So I have done another flight and have found that LNM is only getting data from one engine, ie fuel flow during cruise is approx 1000kg/hr, LNM only shows as 500... is there a way to fix that?

WAT1036.png

Contact the aircraft author or enter the values manually. Sorry, I cannot do much about this.🤷‍♂️ 

This is most likely a case where the authors adjust the fuel flow manually and as a result SimConnect returns the wrong values for fuel flow.

Alex

I made the same comment to the author. The problem apparently may be related to adding fuel after having started the flight rather than putting the fuel when you select the aircraft. The FLIGHT LOG page of the FMS shows funny value immediately after having put fuel from the in cockpit menu.

But when I look at the tank consumption from the MFD tanks field (difference between beginning and end of flight) then the consumption is reasonable. 

I'm at this point in testing and I was planning to put the fuel from the aircraft selection menu to see how the log page react. 

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

LNM measures only fuel *flow*. I do not look at fuel tanks (too complicated with all the different tank types). That allows to warp to TOD and change fuel manually. This measurement method is also not affected by fuel level changes before startup.

The workaround for simulators lacking a proper engine simulation is often to change fuel level by the add-on and let the simulator report the wrong fuel flow values.

Alex