Sign in to follow this  
FilbertFlies

REVIEW: FlyTampa Sydney

Since Sydney is my second home I am tepted to ge this, but I already own ORBX Sydney. Will they co-exist or is it going to be a mess?

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

I own it for P3D as well - but no problem with the MSFS installation.

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

Do you mean own both of them and they work together?

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

12 minutes ago, Bandyka said:

Since Sydney is my second home I am tepted to ge this, but I already own ORBX Sydney. Will they co-exist or is it going to be a mess?

Ehm, read the product description? It clearly says: "compatible with ORBX Sydney". No mess on my side, works perfect.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

6 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Ehm, read the product description? It clearly says: "compatible with ORBX Sydney". No mess on my side, works perfect.

Heheh, this is waht happens when ypou look at stuff like this before your morning coffe 🙂

Somehow I had the feeling I was an i...t 🙂

Actually I didn't visit hte product page yet.

Edited by Bandyka

I don't have the ORBX scenery installed, but yes, they are designed to work together so I'm sure it'll be fine.

I also want to clarify that I think this scenery is good! I found this review quite difficult, because I liked the airport but I just felt that FlyTampa could have done a bit better. I think the 'could have done better' bit comes across more than the 'like the airport' bit unfortunately.

• Like 2

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

11 minutes ago, mrfilbert said:

I don't have the ORBX scenery installed, but yes, they are designed to work together so I'm sure it'll be fine.

I also want to clarify that I think this scenery is good! I found this review quite difficult, because I liked the airport but I just felt that FlyTampa could have done a bit better. I think the 'could have done better' bit comes across more than the 'like the airport' bit unfortunately.

I did get you comment in the video about the "could have been better" part all good 🙂

47 minutes ago, mrfilbert said:

Don't be so hard on yourself with the message you were trying to put across, I perfectly understood what you were saying about the add on, basically it's a great airport add on, but it's got the potential to have been brilliant, and it still could be if they update it any time soon.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Thanks for another excellent review Filbert!
And Happy New Year!
🥂

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

A customer can't never go wrong by buying FlyTampa airports. They are among the best and satisfaction is always guaranteed. They also listen to feedback and improve their airports.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 1/5/2021 at 5:42 PM, mrfilbert said:

Happy New Year all! Back to the grindstone! Here's my Sydney Review:

Happy New Year!

You may need to do an update to your review:

the 1.1 update for FlyTampa YSSY Sydney Airport is now available on Orbx Central.

Changelog

• ILS Fixes
  • Strobes added to runways
  • Terminal Windows improved at night
  • LED lamp color change on Ramp 83-85
  • Various minor fixes

Sounds like they listened to your commentary!

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

7 hours ago, F737NG said:

Happy New Year!

You may need to do an update to your review:

Sounds like they listened to your commentary!

This is what great and efficient support is all about well done Tampa.

• Like 2

Agreed - well done Tampa.  They do listen to feedback, which is something I'm sure we all wish every publisher did!  I just updated.

• Like 2

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!