Sign in to follow this  
helberger

Carenado M20R Problems

Hi all,

Thought I try here first to post my problem(s) with this addon. On Dec. 27th I purchased this from the Marketplace, it d/l and installed normally.

But when I tried to power on,,,nothing, I deleted in Content Manager as well as the folder in OneStore, d/l again, still same problem. Tried again a few days later and it

worked this time. Now about a week later same problem again no power. Uninstall and reinstall again to no use. So what do I do, to I contact Zendesk?? The d/l is 2.3GB

in size and the folder when installed is 1.84GB, no mods installed for the GPS530.

This is the only Add on craft i have and all my other default planes work as normal.

Any Ideas????

Thanks

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

So is this cold and dark start?

Or ready to fly?

Things to check:

Fuel tanks on.

Mixture rich.

Make sure you only have one axis set to mixture.

The M20 has worked very well for me ever since day one it came out.

What peripherals do you use?

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

Does CTRL-E start it up?  I've had to try that when I wasn't able to get a new aircraft to me to start up (due to my forgetting something simple like turning on the fuel pump, etc).  

Thanks for your replies, no difference which way I start. Starting on the RW as soon as I click on FLY the Engine stops and Power goes to cold and dark.

I have Logitech USB Throttles, Rudder, and Honeycomb Alpha, Saitek /Logitech Multi panel, Radio panel and switch panel.

For CTRL-E I need power on first. It worked fine for about a week and today nothing. Very frustrating.

Thanks.

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Check the tablet.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

Check the tablet.

Could you let me know what you mean with this.

Thanks

Helmut Berger

1 minute ago, helberger said:

Could you let me know what you mean with this.

Thanks

The Carenado Mooney has a little ipad/samsung style pop up tablet that lets you configure various options with the aircraft.

You enable it by clicking on the centre of the yoke.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The Carenado Mooney has a little ipad/samsung style pop up tablet that lets you configure various options with the aircraft.

You enable it by clicking on the centre of the yoke.

Thanks, sorry I had forgotten about this, makes no difference, if I select "Ready for Taxi" the ignition key just keeps on moving back and forward never

turning over. Strange it must be something between this plane and my setup. Never seen this before have lots of carenados in P3D.

Thanks

Helmut Berger

Are you running FSUIPC?  If so, run without it and see if you have the power issue still.  Fixed it for me at least.

• Like 1

I would disconnect all controls Logitech etc.

And remove everything out of the Community folder. And uninstall any other mods or plugins.

Then see if the M20 will run.

If it does, plug peripherals in one at a time and see witch one is the bad one.

Also reset the input profiles for each one.

I know it is a pain but you need to find the culprit by this long process.

Edited by 177B

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

I learned from starting cold and dark to move all controls to full extents each way before starting up or else they wouldn't match what the sim is doing. You can try doing this right before you push fly (including moving the throttle/prop/mixture levers all the way closed and then open). If that doesn't work, then try it really quick right after you hit fly.

James

1 hour ago, helberger said:

if I select "Ready for Taxi" the ignition key just keeps on moving back and forward never turning over.

Are you sure you do not have a stuck key on the keyboard or a dodgy peripheral like a switch panel ?

4 hours ago, helberger said:

But when I tried to power on,,,

I have not flown this bird since early December but if I recall you need to use your mouse button and hold the ignition switch in the start position for a few seconds.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, badgenes said:

Are you running FSUIPC?  If so, run without it and see if you have the power issue still.  Fixed it for me at least.

Hi all,

Fsuipc7 was the culprit, I intercepted during startup and stopped it and carenado starts normally. Any idea what in FSUIPC7 could cause this??

Will have to start the sim until solution without using the FSUIPC7 batch file startup. Anyway will have to do some more investigation.

Thanks guys for all you help, nice to come here and get help.

• Like 2

Helmut Berger

There is some setting relating to realistic battery drain that I believe the M20R is reacting to in a rather unexpected manner.  I'm sure you may recall the days of FSX and the Cessna batteries that once drained were permanently drained (bug of course).  Can't recall how we worked around that.  At any rate I left avionics on in the M20R while I read the checklist and that killed the batteries.  Not sure if that's realistic but perhaps you sat too long without an engine running and FSUIPC's setting was the catalyst for...well no more catalyzing in the batteries 🙂  Please post back with what you find sir.