Sign in to follow this  
sho69607

V speed callouts

Hello,

Not sure what is happening but it doesn't appear that FS2crew is reading my aircraft data correctly. I am get V-speed callouts way below my actual speeds. Maybe a corrupt panel.cfg or sdk issue? I have the most current version of FS2crew and am running this on p3dv5.

Edited by sho69607

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

Please enable the Linda config option.  Set it to Yes.

You probably have Linda or Spad Next running on your computer; they can cause interference reading data in the Dash 8.

If that's not it, then try re-installing the aircraft.

Cheers,

Edited by byork

I have the same, with Linda installled and Linda set to yes in the config options. Have reinstalled the Q400 and FS2Crew and still have the same issue. Anyone got any more ideas?

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am still having issues with MDA callouts, Altimeter callouts, etc. I have Linda set to yes and it seems that it still is not reading some values correctly. Using P3dv5.

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

17 hours ago, byork said:

If you disable LINDA itself entirely, does the problem go away?

Are you using EZDOK?

No Ezdok, will try disabling Linda altogether and see what happens.

~Spencer Hoefer

Alright Closed out Linda and set Linda to "No" this time, but the problem continues. Also random warnings about ice when on the ground in 20c weather as well. 

~Spencer Hoefer

Are you positive Linda was completely shut down before loading the Dash 8?

Are you using Spad Next or any other program similar to Linda?

We know this issue this is associated with the way hardware programs like Linda/Spad next read LVARS in the Dash 8.

They collide with the way we read LVARs.

Edited by byork

3 hours ago, byork said:

Are you positive Linda was completely shut down before loading the Dash 8?

Are you using Spad Next or any other program similar to Linda?

We know this issue this is associated with the way hardware programs like Linda/Spad next read LVARS in the Dash 8.

They collide with the way we read LVARs.

Linda starts with p3d, but I automatically close it before loading the dash 8. Same thing happened tonight with the readouts. Altimeter settings,V1 speed, anti ice warnings in non icing conditions, "1000 to go repeated over and over", MDA being called on the ground, etc. seem to be the ones that get missed the most. It's almost like something is not getting read from the SDK or something. Not a deal breaker but it would be nice to get to the bottom of this. No SPAD or similar programs running.

Edited by sho69607

~Spencer Hoefer

12 hours ago, byork said:

Disable Linda completely for your test.

Do not have it load.

Let me know then.

You should be able to stop Linda from loading via the DLL.xml.

Alright it looks like Linda may be the problem here. Disabling completely seems to work. Perhaps a compatibility issue with Linda itself, then?

~Spencer Hoefer

We know what the issue is...  It's due to the way the way Linda is reading local variables (LVARS) out the Dash 8.  

With other planes, we don't have this issue with Linda.  It's only with the Dash 8 due to the way its programmers coded it.

On 7/10/2021 at 2:05 AM, byork said:

We know what the issue is...  It's due to the way the way Linda is reading local variables (LVARS) out the Dash 8.  

With other planes, we don't have this issue with Linda.  It's only with the Dash 8 due to the way its programmers coded it.

Okay so does that mean setting Linda to "yes" in the cfg options has no effect then? Because it seems to make not difference whether it is set to yes or no (at least in p3dv5). The only change comes when Linda is taken out of the sim completely like we discussed above.

~Spencer Hoefer

The "Linda" option was an attempt to put a band-aid on some of the problems introduced by Linda by disabling certain callouts that would loop while Linda was running.

The problem is that with each new version of P3D, the problems introduced by Linda would change, so the band-aid stopped working effectively.

The only real solution is to ensure Linda is not running at all.

Cheers,