Sign in to follow this  
Guest allcott

FSX Loading after starting?

Guest DP1

Soon after I start FSX it loads up again (quickly) It seems to be a time related thing (a few minutes maybe). Sometimes I just want to do a quick circuit to test something & start on the active runway & FSX loads up something or other either before I'm in the air or just on takeoff. It's even happened landing. It's something like the scenery areas loading in previous versions. Everything stops & a msg box pops up with a progress bar etc. then after that it's ok. If I'm setting the aircraft up it will do it's thing while I'm on the ground too.Does real weather load up after all the scenery & aircraft? Comments?

Guest garwig2

Does this happen even when you select the weather theme Clear Skies (clears all weather)? If yes, then it's not the real weather causing the problem. If no, then it is the real weather.

Guest DP1

It happens whenever I begin a flight or reset a flight. The message is "Loading Complete" and it appears mostly a minute or two after the flight is set ready to fly. As I said in the first post it occasionally happens at other times during a flight. It doesn't matter about the weather, it happens with no wx or loaded weather. Quite a pain.

Guest allcott

Turn off AI aircraft. Same thing happens if you go to 8x speed than come back down again. FSX plays `catch up` with the AI.Allcott