Sign in to follow this  
flyforever

Virtualcol B99 is out

5 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Oh I know windows can get scuffed, but on the video you linked, quite a bit of that is down to the gamut range on the camera's sensor, rather than actual scratches and splashes which are that bad. Look at how blown out the white areas on the wing and the clouds are. You can occasionally sort some of this out with levels in a decent NLE, but how much depends on what data is on the raw file.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I do think the panel could do with a decent chronometer.

Alan Bradbury

Made it from FMMI to HTDA in one piece with a full load of cargo, so it can't be that bad 🙂

08ufwLR.png

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Could you give us a good high-res shot of the sixpack?

53 minutes ago, Chock said:

Made it from FMMI to HTDA in one piece with a full load of cargo, so it can't be that bad 🙂

08ufwLR.png

How did you land? With full flaps I either stall or have to descend at 1,500 feet a minute. With a notch before full, it doesn't slow down at all.

3 hours ago, Chock said:

I took off from FMMI (Ivato Int'l) with a full load of cargo and fuel

So i guess you passed your check ride with a  Better then OK landing rating.   Congrats  Your buying this round 🍻

Steve

Edited by sluihn

3 hours ago, Phantoms said:

The pilot though  👌 

• Upvote 3

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

5 hours ago, Flyboy41 said:

How did you land? With full flaps I either stall or have to descend at 1,500 feet a minute. With a notch before full, it doesn't slow down at all.

Oh I know what you mean on that score. There is definitely something a bit wacky at landing speeds/configs. First time I tried to land it, I pulled the throttle way back to slow it down and it did, but then it was really draggy and slow to pick up speed to the point where I had to climb it really slowly for a go around despite being on full power with it very close to the stall. I know turbine engines lag and can be slow to pick up, and this is something King Air variants are slightly notorious for, so it has to be watched out for, but if this is what this behaviour is intending to simulate, then it is a bit overdone.

Second time landing after that long flight, I was kind of ready for that dodgy VRef possibility and laggy speed pick up, and so I kept the speed up on finals, only to find that then I was coming in a bit too hot and it was too slippery to get the speed off even with everything hanging out and the throttle at idle; thus floating along the runway quite a long way, with me having to brake hard to not go off the runway after I did finally touch down.

So later today after I've finished work, I'll see if I can find the 'in between' sweet spot. I actually kind of liked it being a bit tricky in that regard though, it's a bit of a challenge, although I suspect it could do with a tweak. I think the trick might be to pull the prop levers right back on short final, might give that a try later.

5 hours ago, kaosfere said:

Could you give us a good high-res shot of the sixpack?

Here ya go...

kQ9PmCD.png

510Xnkr.png

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

3 hours ago, garlicbread11 said:

The pilot though  👌 

Yes, Captain Valerie is quite pretty. :cool:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

3 hours ago, garlicbread11 said:

The pilot though  👌 

Yup. Good looks and good skills. 🙂

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

19 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yup. Good looks and good skills. 🙂

Indeed. I first came across her when she went flying with Steveo on  one of his videos. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

10 hours ago, aniiran said:

The A220 wasn't bad.

It really wasn’t and was fun to fly!

It was my go to when I all I had was a short time and wanted to make a simple short tubeliner flight. 

It would be a welcome addition!

11 hours ago, Chock said:

See my sort of 'mini review' on this same forum.

Will you be doing a video review? Even a mini one...

10 hours ago, Phantoms said:

Is there not enough room for the GPS to fit in the panel?

I thought that too... In the previous release it was in the lower left.

I looked at some real world photos of 99 cockpits and to my surprise I found some with the exact same Garmin as depicted in Virtualcol’s in the same spot:

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Night-Express/Beech-99-Airliner/1553518/L?sid=b2a0ab25bee386cdd3ead02bbf92f993

So, I guess that’s what they’re depicting?