Sign in to follow this  
flyforever

Virtualcol B99 is out

3 hours ago, Chock said:

It is if you are in 1998.

Yep, looks like Virtualcol favorite song is here

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

6 hours ago, flyforever said:

they are charging $16.00, which I consider a donation rather than payment for a product. Given the dearth of aircrafts in MSFS, we need to be realistic as to what can be accomplished in such a short time. Of course, the longer we wait, the more ( hopefully) choices and higher prices we will see. It's not an apology for the developer; it is what it is for now.  If, however, the flight dynamics are correct, I'll overlook the textures.

You would be surprised as to what can be acomplished in "such a short time". Now maybe they dont know how to, maybe the guy isnt a great texture artist. But there are millions of free ressources and tutorials on the topic everywhere, so really, it doesnt take much to someone to make good texture after a few days of pratice and training. It wouldnt be AAA level, but at least we could look at it without being nauseous...

1 hour ago, leprechaunlive said:

You would be surprised as to what can be acomplished in "such a short time". Now maybe they dont know how to, maybe the guy isnt a great texture artist. But there are millions of free ressources and tutorials on the topic everywhere, so really, it doesnt take much to someone to make good texture after a few days of pratice and training. It wouldnt be AAA level, but at least we could look at it without being nauseous...

Being an Adobe ACI who has taught literally hundreds of people to use things like Illustrator and Photoshop etc professionally, I have to say this is indeed true. You won't be an expert in a matter of days of course, that comes with experience, use, but knocking up a decent bit of artwork isn't rocket science.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

5 hours ago, Flyboy41 said:

Have you tested with the landing yet?

Nah, I got in from work late and was checking out that new replay software, which is 'interesting' shall we say, and then I was too tired to do anything else. I'll be checking it out this evening though, although I would guess that this thing is not exactly going to be the perfect STOL bush plane.

Alan Bradbury

48 minutes ago, Chock said:

Being an Adobe ACI who has taught literally hundreds of people to use things like Illustrator and Photoshop etc professionally, I have to say this is indeed true. You won't be an expert in a matter of days of course, that comes with experience, use, but knocking up a decent bit of artwork isn't rocket science.

Amen to that! Especially where there is no real artistic fiber needed. It is more technical than it is art in that case. Now dont get me wrong, some texturers out there are bloody wizards. Hopefully he gets enough cash to hire someone that can update the textures, because, really, with good textures, this plane can be awesome. The exterior already look quite good. 

Good textures, a few subdivision modifiers here and there, and you have a great VC.

Edited by leprechaunlive

7 hours ago, Chock said:

Nah, I got in from work late and was checking out that new replay software, which is 'interesting' shall we say, and then I was too tired to do anything else. I'll be checking it out this evening though, although I would guess that this thing is not exactly going to be the perfect STOL bush plane.

I've found a good approach speed is 120kts. This gives you a about a 600-700 foot decent rate. Once over the threshold, put it the last notch of flaps and just fly it down to the runway.

• Upvote 1

Still considering the plane as feedback is a bit mixed but I did just notice it was updated to version 1.5 looking on their website so I guess they are at least patching it.

2 hours ago, stefaandk said:

Still considering the plane as feedback is a bit mixed but I did just notice it was updated to version 1.5 looking on their website so I guess they are at least patching it.

Don't buy it unless you consider have as static AI aircraft 

Patch 1.5

• Sound issues and volume
  • Issues in animations in Cockpit
  • An error in external model mapping

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

10 hours ago, Flyboy41 said:

I've found a good approach speed is 120kts. This gives you a about a 600-700 foot decent rate. Once over the threshold, put it the last notch of flaps and just fly it down to the runway.

I went with a similar speed for a landing, but I chopped the throttle a bit too early and it lost speed fairly rapidly, causing it to come down fairly hard, for a total of £19,161.85 in damage. So that was a bit of a lesson - I guess we have to keep the rubber bands going until were not too far off the deck.

VTZEouI.png

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

7 hours ago, Chock said:

I guess we have to keep the rubber bands going until were not too far off the deck.

Isn't there circumstances for keeping the bands going until after touchdown? If not the Beech specifically, then other aircraft? Flaring with power on and only chopping the throttle(s) after touchdown. I'm sure I read it somewhere (famous last words).

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

19 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Isn't there circumstances for keeping the bands going until after touchdown? If not the Beech specifically, then other aircraft? Flaring with power on and only chopping the throttle(s) after touchdown. I'm sure I read it somewhere (famous last words).

Yup, but this last bit was in relation to solutions for the fact that this thing in particular was tending to come in either like a MiG 21 with the 'burner lit if you had some throttle on, or start flying like a block of flats if you even looked at the throttle and thought about reducing it a bit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Yup, but this last bit was in relation to solutions for the fact that this thing in particular was tending to come in either like a MiG 21 with the 'burner lit if you had some throttle on, or start flying like a block of flats if you even looked at the throttle and thought about reducing it a bit.

Ha!  Not only a pretty good and honest reviewer, but one with some of the best analogies in the business, some of which I just can't un-see!  😄

Always an interesting and entertaining read from you Alan!  👍

• Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

On 1/5/2021 at 8:57 PM, Chock said:

VSI seems okay to me on the gauge, but yes, the aileron animation is indeed reversed.

To clarify this comment - do you mean if you roll the Sim joystick to the right, the aircraft rolls left?

T45

6 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

To clarify this comment - do you mean if you roll the Sim joystick to the right, the aircraft rolls left?

T45

God no! :biggrin:  That would be nearly impossible to control.  
That would be like the real life story of that commuter jet that had the control cables crossed over, nearly causing the pilots to crash until they figured out what was wrong.

This just means when you bank left, the aircraft goes left, but the visual effect of the aileron deflecting is the wrong way round, in this case left aileron is showing deflection down instead of up.

So funny how this one slipped through the beta testing net!

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

35 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

God no! :biggrin:  That would be nearly impossible to control.  
That would be like the real life story of that commuter jet that had the control cables crossed over, nearly causing the pilots to crash until they figured out what was wrong.

This just means when you bank left, the aircraft goes left, but the visual effect of the aileron deflecting is the wrong way round, in this case left aileron is showing deflection down instead of up.

So funny how this one slipped through the beta testing net!

So we are tucked in behind the aircraft & it banks left & the left aileron deflects down ilo up, then the right aileron is visually deflecting up?

But  the aircraft goes left. This means the visual aileron deflection is not driving the banking, its for effect rather than pragmatic?

I'll probably get this one, dearth of new planes in MSFS, not a break the Bank price & I have some of their other output. Not stellar, but flyable.

It's a Beechcraft, a new shape in the sky etc, & hopefully some refinement updates along the way.

T45