Sign in to follow this  

I have just started using MCE but I am having difficulty getting MCE to react to my commands.

Particularly recognising "5" from "4" and "thousand". I.E. MCE sets "twenty five thousand" as "2500".

Also I cannot get it to consistently recognise "LSK" or "RSK", when prefixed correctly as per the shared commands lists.

I have been through the Windows speech training but when I select the MCE own speech training wizard via the "tools" option, my "voice" is not heard.

I am using a "Turtle Beech" headset which, as far as I am aware is of a reasonable quality.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

John Earl

John Earl

United Kingdom

3 hours ago, Jsearl98 said:

I have just started using MCE but I am having difficulty getting MCE to react to my commands.

Particularly recognising "5" from "4" and "thousand". I.E. MCE sets "twenty five thousand" as "2500".

Also I cannot get it to consistently recognise "LSK" or "RSK", when prefixed correctly as per the shared commands lists.

I have been through the Windows speech training but when I select the MCE own speech training wizard via the "tools" option, my "voice" is not heard.

I am using a "Turtle Beech" headset which, as far as I am aware is of a reasonable quality.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

John Earl

Welcome aboard John.

USB headset or conventional one?

If it's a conventional one with 3 mm jacks, plug it to the back of the PC and not the front connectors. Is your onboard audio device from Realtek?

4 hours ago, Jsearl98 said:

Thanks.  It is a USB headset.

Make sue it's connected straight to the back of the PC.

Run the "assign sound device" tool.

Windows Start->Multi Crew Experience->Assin sound device.

Make sure both "Audio In" and "Audio Out" are set to "Turtle beech USB...." and click OK.

Run MCE speech trainer after that.

Eventually, go to Windows Control Panel, <Sound> applet and set ISB headset as default for both "Recording" and "Playback"