Sign in to follow this  
scott967

FSX --- KSTL ILS is reported incorrectly??

Can anyone verify this?In Map View, KSTL Runway 30L ILS is reported as being 110.55.That is not correct in the sim. 110.55 is the LOC/DME in the sim.The correct ILS freq in the sim for 30L at KSTL is 111.50.I learned that the hard way tonight trying to land in a snowstorm.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>It is 111.5 in real life. See:>Hello JozefYes I know it is 111.5 in real life, and luckily it is also 111.5 in the sim.But go to Map View, and look at what it reports for KSTL rwy 30L. It will say 110.55. Or maybe your version of FSX does not?? I'd like someone to confirm this.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Guest prdant

ILS for 30L 302 degrees 111.5 IBKY. you should be at 2200' at MOIDD Glide Slope initial entry is 2162'

Guest Jozef_K

Hi Rhett,Just checked it in FSX (in Map View). It says:ILS 30L (IBKY)111.50heading 302Did you click on the right runway? Zoom in for a better view to find the right spot to click on. Perhaps you might have clicked on another navaid facility.Jozef K. http://homepages.onsnet.nu/~jkusters/signature.jpg

It seems like they are both in the game, and if you look closely at the map they are both there, but it seems like only IFXD 110.55 is present as part of KSTL in the default file. I have to assume that MS accidently put it into another airport, but at the correct location.scott s..

Don't look at the map.Look to the left of the map, in the text display that shows runway and ILS data.You will see 110.55 as the freq for the 30L ILS. That is not correct data. 110.55 appears to be the LOC/DME. The ILS, while in the sim, is not reported in the text display.At least that's what my FSX shows. :)Maybe I'll post a screenie of it...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

>Hi Rhett,>>Just checked it in FSX (in Map View). It says:>ILS 30L (IBKY)>111.50>heading 302>JozefLook at my screen shot (attached). On my FSX, it shows ILS 30L (IFXD)110.55heading 302http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/162411.jpgWhat is going on???RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

As I said, when you look at the code for the default KSTL, it has IFXD as the ILS for 30L. I have not found yet which file contains the IBKY. I'm not sure about this, but I think you could put an ILS in any airport, and it would show up at the location listed in the code, even if it is not physically at that airport. At least that is my assumption.scott s..

Guest Bill Hinton

Rhett,It is incorrect in FS9, also.

What you are looking at is the LDA approach for 30L and not the ILS approach fot KSTL.I agree that the MAP chart should say IBKY 111.50 for the ILS to rwy 30L but it is reading the LDA IFXD 110.55 instead. That can be fixed in the code.There are 2 LDA LOC/DME approaches for St. Louis and sometimes FS9/FSX has a hard time distinguishing between them and a true ILS.In the FS9/FSX approach code a LDA is also a ILS with out the GP in most cases. When a airport has a LDA and ILS approach for the same runway never read the data on the left side of the MAP view. ALways place the mouse arrow over the large green triangle and leave it there for a few seconds. The correct IBKY 111.50 will be displayed so you know what freq to tune to for the ILS.If you place the mouse arrow over the LDA large green arrow which is to the left of the IBKY green ILS triangle (in MAP Mode) you will see IFXD 110.55. This is the LDA and what is listed to the left of the MAP mode.If you choose 110.55 for the ILS 30L remember you are flying a ILS that is really a LDA without GP just LOC/DME and you will not align perfectly to the runway (LDA is a offset ILS). Please read the charts on AIRNAV (ILS vs LDA 30L and 12R) to understand the full picture.Also the KSTL FSX is not current as per the lastest Jeppesen Approach Charts. Approach Freq. and ILS/LDA IDENT have changed since FSX was develeoped.

I am going to see if I can't fix this text data in the facilities.bgl or whichever file I discover it is in. I will see if BGLAnalyzeX can read the appropriate file.110.55 is flat wrong for the ILS. It's the LOC/DME as was said.So 110.55 should not be mis-reported as being the ILS rwy 30L freq.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Jim -- thanks for chiming in here. I can't find the I-BKY in the file using BGLAnalyzeX.scott s..

The list that you are looking at (left side of the MAP) and the one you have the big red arrow on is not a list that tells you that the runway has a ILS with LOC/GP and/or DME. It is only a list that says a ILS IDENT is assigned to a particular runway in FS9/FSX. MS uses the term ILS IDENT somewhat loosely in the MAP mode. The letters ILS (MS/FS) does not always mean it is a precision approach and it is going to lead you to the threshold of a runway when minimums at the airport are being reported.You can do one of 2 things once you look at the listOpen the default GPS reciever to interpret what the ILS Ident in MAP mode is telling you. GPS in FS9/FSX says the ILS IDENT's are as follows from the MAP modeILS 06 110.30ILS 12R 109.70ILS 12L 108.90ILS 24 110.30ILS 30R 111.30LOC 30L 110.55 <------ I-FXDWhen you tuned the ILS IDENT freq to 110.55 using the MAP mode list, your morse code reported that as I-FXD which is a LOCALIZER + DME only and no Glidepath (GP). The Approach Chart tells you that is a Instrument Landing System (LOC) using a Localizer Type Directional Aid (LDA) offset inbound localizer degree heading with no GP. Some LDA's do have GP. Do you have current Approach plates?That is the second choice and the one that should always be used. If you don't have approach charts then you must always look deeper to see the complete list of ILS IDENT's and you will find the elusive ILS LOCGP I-BKY transmitting on 111.50 as published in FS9/FSX.Here is the complete list in FS9/FSX minus any GPS, RNAV, VOR, NDB'sRwy - 6 --- LOC+GP+DME - IJAK - 110.30 - 062.8 - ILS/DME 06Rwy - 12L - LOC+GP+DME - ILDZ - 108.90 - 122.3 - CAT II ILS/DME 12LRwy - 12L - LOC+DME ---- IABW - 110.10 - 122.3 - LOC/DME 12LRwy - 12R - LOC+GP ----- ILMR - 109.70 - 122.3 - ILS 12RRwy - 24 -- LOC+GP+DME - ISTL - 110.30 - 242.8 - ILS/DME 24Rwy - 30L - LOC+GP ----- IBKY - 111.50 - 302.3 - ILS 30LRwy - 30L - LOC+DME ---- IFXD - 110.55 - 302.3 - LOC/DME 30LRwy - 30R - LOC+GP+DME - ISJW - 111.30 - 111.3 - CAT II ILS/DME 30RAre all of these on your MAP mode List? NO!FS9/FSX does not allow 2 different ILS nested under one runway end which is where the MAP List gets its information from. However FS9/FSX will allow a ILS and a LOC (LDA) which is a non-precision Instrument Landing System for the same runway end as long as one is nested under the runway properties and one is nested in the Approach data.Here is the ILS code for Runway 30L which is the LDA with only LOC/DME and no GP Here is a portion of the approach code which shows I-BKY which is the ILS with LOC/GP no DMEChange the Runway ILS to look like this and your MAP List will read what you want it to <------------------- This Line You must now rewrite all the approach data to sync the IAF/FAF TERMINAL_WAYPOINTS to the correct ILS/LDA or when you start FS9/FSX it will crash to desktop (CTD).hope this helps

did yo get that using BGLAnalyzeX? Because I see that approach, but I don't get the recommendedTye or Ident attributes. And where is the data for IBKY defined?scott s..