Sign in to follow this  
Ckeatin

FSX: performance on P 2.4 gig - in Caribbean?

Hi guys,I've read all of the posts on how hard FSX is on everyone's systems. That being said, I'm interested in getting my feet wet with the sim despite my system, no high expectations. I was able to get the demo running acceptable with autogen off, traffic off.My question is, will the full version of the sim allow me to run with similar performance to the demo if I stick to the "island" sceneries like those that are in the demo?Thanks.

I would say yes. Some of the more detailed airports like ST Martin and San Juan may provide a little slow down but not as bad as a KSFO etc.Bill

I fly the Caribbean most of the time and I don't have any problems with FSX. A tiny bit choppy at the larger airports with a lot of AI or textures but not anything too bad. TJSJ naturally is a frame hog but still flyable. I have a 64X2 4200 2GB 7800GTOC.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

>>My question is, will the full version of the sim allow me to>run with similar performance to the demo if I stick to the>"island" sceneries like those that are in the demo?>>Thanks.I would also say yes. Sounds like your expectations are not too high, and your computer should be able to handle island-type areas at reasonable settings.If you wanted a good chuckle, you could go to New York city full sliders right. :)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>If you wanted a good chuckle, you could go to New York city>full sliders right. :)Oh come on, I think I could get 20-25 fps. oh - I meant .20-.25 fps :-)

Howdy,Suggest you give it a try. It's my understanding that you can return it to MS if not satisfied. In any case, it will probably work as well as the demo if not better! Here's why: Due to many very talented flight simmers, we now have many excellent tweaks which have done major positive things to FSX. WHen I first loaded FSX it was pretty bad in performance until I started adding the various tweaks. Now, I love it and get acceptable performance with some compromises. Suggest you take a look at the Tips and Tweaks (not sure of the real name) pinned on this forum. If you haven't tried any of the tweaks on the demo, you'll be amazed and hopefully much happier with the final FSXafter it is tweaked.Good luck and have fun.

Guest Bush Flyer

Same here. Howard is very right.

Hi Craig,You're message caused me to revisit St. Martin in FSX (final version) to see how it looks compared to the demo.I've applied many tweaks so it would be interesting to see what it looks like in the final FSX. I used the demo many many many times before the final FSX came out as I wanted to see how well my system would run it. ANSWER: Wow what a difference! Much better in all ways from the demo. You may also find that other areas aside from islands may be good with the final FSX and tweaks. Suggest you try for bush areas or rural areas away from cities. FSX is so good that areas which were only mildly interesting in FS9 come alive with more reality in FSX. Have fun....

Hi guys,Thanks very much for everyone's feedback. I think I might give it a try! Unfortunately I have to invest in another harddrive for now, not much though, about $60 for an OEM 160 gig (Newegg rocks!).I figure I'll buy FSX when I do my new system build after the DX10 update and Vista is settled down. Until then, I can learn about sim.Thanks again.Happy flying..