Sign in to follow this  
ArezOne

How to build a Soundpack for MSFS

Hello community

I have some questions to build a soundset for any aircraft.

Since these are PCK files, how can you unpack them and also use them again as a PCK file
Convert? Do they have to do this as already known wav
be encoded with 16bit ? What and how exactly does the XML file work with the sound? I would be very grateful for help.

Greeting

13 minutes ago, ArezOne said:

Hello community

I have some questions to build a soundset for any aircraft.

Since these are PCK files, how can you unpack them and also use them again as a PCK file
Convert? Do they have to do this as already known wav
be encoded with 16bit ? What and how exactly does the XML file work with the sound? I would be very grateful for help.

Greeting

Take a look at the SDK, it has a sound section.So study that. Then study the Wwise sound engine MSFS uses.

I haven't looked into this so can't help, but I am interested in replacing the VL3's engine sounds with another Rotax engine based default aircraft's. The cockpit engine sound is poor. If anyone knows how to do this, I'd appreciate any guidance.

Any progress on that? I want to modify or add some sounds to send more low-end to my DIY shakers on touchdown etc. but can't find a way to do that...

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com