Sign in to follow this  
IDLE POWER

FSDT KLAX

Hello, when trying to run the fsdt klax installer it says that it requires fsx sp2 or acceleration to be installed. But i use fsx steam edition.

I am not sure why it asks for sp2 or acceleration when i use steam edition. Can anyone help?

The most common cause for FSX not being found are:

- You use the very dangerous Migration tool, which will destroy your registry keys and corrupt the FSX.EXE to make appear FSX:SE like the standard FSX, to allow installation of legacy products that don't recognize FSX:SE as such, which will of course result in proper installer supporting both FSX and FSX:SE properly as two separate products to be confused. Even if you don't use it anymore, it might still have your FSX:SE install left corrupted.

- You used to have the standard FSX installer, then you installed FSX:SE ( resulting in a side-by-side installation ), then you removed the regular FSX so, you don't have FSX anymore, but FSX:SE is still in side-by-side mode. The correct procedure to remove FSX after having it installed alongside FSX:SE, is to uninstall FSX:SE first, uninstall FSX and finally reinstall FSX:SE, so it will configure itself to run in Single mode.

Yes i did the second thing. I purchased from steam and did the same. I will try to reinstall it

You used to have the standard FSX installer, then you installed FSX:SE ( resulting in a side-by-side installation ), then you removed the regular FSX so, you don't have FSX anymore, but FSX:SE is still in side-by-side mode. The correct procedure to remove FSX after having it installed alongside FSX:SE, is to uninstall FSX:SE first, uninstall FSX and finally reinstall FSX:SE, so it will configure itself to run in Single mode.

thanks for the help