Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

Milviz Compared To Others.

That very much depends on the particular airplane. Their older airplanes are fine models, but not outstanding. Visually not quite as good as Carenado, but much better when it comes to engine modelling.

Their newer creations are much better. In particular, the KingAir 350i is brilliant. I would rank it close to the Majestic Dash 8. Visually better then the Q400, and the systems are modelled in full detail, including the FMC. The only reason why I would rank the Q400 higher with respect to systems is that, naturally, the real Q400  has more complex systems than the B350. Having said that, given that most of us fly our planes alone, I would say that the B350 is the most realistic model available. Unless you fly the Q400 or the Maddog with shared cockpit, that is.

Peter

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Gary1124 said:

How do Milviz simulations in general compare to others such as A2A or Carenado? 

Thanks

21 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

the KingAir 350i is brilliant

Hard agree, it's an excellent aircraft, and the systems depth is great.  Matches the Q400 in fidelity, but doesn't have the walk-round/hangar maintenance options of A2A a/c.   I find it very intuitive and easy to fly as well.  There are no failures simulated except engine wear I understand, but that may or may not be important to you...

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

How do Milviz simulations in general compare to others such as A2A or Carenado? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, qqwertzde said:

Their older airplanes are fine models, but not outstanding.

On a certain level I understand where qqwertzde is coming from, but those models were first developed before the more highly detailed models by Realair and A2A.  I have logged more than 450 hours in the Milviz B55 Baron, and having gained my multi and instrument ratings in a military equivalent (US Army T42) I can easily state that it is an excellent model.  It was updated a handful of years ago but not with additional depth in working cockpit functions.  It is still quite worthy of my FSX SE flight time.

I also have logged just under 300 hours in the Milviz Cessna 310R.  Some of the hours in the original version.  More in the "redux" as the updated model is referred to.  It too is quite good to fly and perhaps more deeply modeled than the B55 in regard to cockpit functions.  Both the B55 and 310R have a "period correct" feel to them, both visually and practically.  I like them both a lot as you can tell from the hours.

My goto GA aircraft in FSX SE is the Realair Turbine Duke v2.  I use it for flights of 2 hrs duration or more, and at higher altitudes.  Albeit it is no longer available to purchase.  Much under two hours I fly either the B55 or the 310R as mentioned above.

I fly the A2A C182 on short excursion flights where I prefer the visibility of a high wing model.  Flights like $100 hamburger runs.

I have a score of Carenado GA models but find I am not logging many hours in them.  That for various reasons, but particularly because eye candy does not always fit the feel of use.... 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

There are no failures simulated except engine wear I understand, but that may or may not be important to you...

You never blew an engine? Respect! I took me 2-3 days before I was able to complete a flight with the B350 when I got it over a year ago, but since then I am doing well with managing torque and temperature 🙂

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

You never blew an engine? Respect! I took me 2-3 days before I was able to complete a flight with the B350 when I got it over a year ago, but since then I am doing well with managing torque and temperature 🙂

For once I RTFM! 🙂

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

I also have logged just under 300 hours in the Milviz Cessna 310R.  Some of the hours in the original version.  More in the "redux" as the updated model is referred to.  It too is quite good to fly and perhaps more deeply modeled than the B55 in regard to cockpit functions.  Both the B55 and 310R have a "period correct" feel to them, both visually and practically.  I like them both a lot as you can tell from the hours.

I agree completely with this thread.  The KA350i is fabulous, but I really do miss the C310R in P3Dv5.1 - hope that gets an update soon.  

• Like 2

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I will likely research the B350. I took advantage of the recent A2A holiday discounts. Bought the Bonanza, Skylane, and Commanche. They truly live up to Real As It Gets. Ruined me for other addons save the C421 Golden Eagle with modified FDE. So now I know payware will cost me more going forward. For me it's A2A, Majestic, PMDG or Ifly, or Eaglesoft. I am considering Flight1s new B200 with G1000. It has wear, damage, and maintenance. I truly regret I can't acquire any Real Air products. 

Edited by Gary1124

9 minutes ago, Gary1124 said:

I took advantage of the recent A2A holiday discounts. 

Me too, I purchased the C182. I already owned  the C172 and the Connie, both of which I love. I actually took a (single) real flight lesson in a C172 and got the A2A model to prepare myself. I was amazed how accurate the A2A 172 is. The instructor followed exactly the steps as explained in the A2A manual, I felt right at home.

Even though A2A airplanes are excellent, the Milviz B350 is a step up. It has an accurately modelled Proline 21 FMC, and the two turboprop engines require different management than a single Cessna engine. It is pressurized, has anti-ice equipment, and a more complex electrical system. All of this is modelled, and all of it may fail if you mess things up. The A2A models are all perfectly accurate for the planes that are modelled, but there is just more to deal with in a B350. 

Peter

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I keep begging Colin but he's pre-occupied with MSFS I think.

They say DoD contracts, but we know the truth!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

IMHO MilViz is on par with A2A and light years ahead of Carenado.  My MilViz favs are the King Air 350i, Cessna 310R Redux, PC-6 Pilatus Porter, Piper Twin Comanche, and de Havilland DHC2 Beaver, in that order. I also have the Beechcraft Baron 55, it’s an early MilViz model and not the same quality as other MilViz aircraft. 
The KA350 and C310R get the most hours. The 350 is more taxing on my i5-7400 system so I have to throttle down the P3D settings to accommodate it. The 310R is my go-to and made even better with the RXP GTN 750 & 650 installed, which I have in all my MilViz and A2A aircraft, except the KA350i which has a great functioning PL21. 
The A2A Beechcraft Bonanza V35B and Cessna C182T are my next favs. 
I have lots of Carenado aircraft that I fly on occasion, the Cessna 421 Golden Eagle in particular but a few others also.
In hindsight I wish I’d gone right to MilViz and A2A from the start rather than thinking they were too expensive and settling with the likes of Carenado and others initially. 

| i5 7400@3GHz | 8GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | 1TB HDD | Saitek X52 Pro |

I am nearly tempted to go to P3D just for the Milviz King Air. Wouldn't be hard. The majority of my stuff is dual platform. Alas, I am using FSX-SE still. I would like to add ram though before changing platforms at all. Only have 8 gig now. I was out of simming for 15 years. FSX-SE seemed the most convenient to return have last used 2004.

9 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Sadly the 310R Redux has not been updated for P3D V5 which is a huge shame as it was my favorite "goto" aircraft and supported RealLight and TrueGlass.  I keep begging Colin but he's pre-occupied with MSFS I think.

One of several prime reasons that I bypassed P3D.  That and that so many of my user-created add-on airports, including my own, lost compatibility with legacy scenery objects after P3D V3.  And my system was vintage 2015.  P3D created too much of a moving target for me, and perhaps for Milviz.  I have always respected their products.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

7 hours ago, Gridley said:

They say DoD contracts, but we know the truth!

Whats the truth?

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

13 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Sadly the 310R Redux has not been updated for P3D V5

I'm staying on 4.5 for now but am careful to buy only addons that are compatible with both 4 and 5. Seems to me last summer MilViz announced a pricing structure for V5 upgrades with a volume discount/cap for those of use with several models. Seems I recall they said they were working on it, but then MSFS 2020 was released and the race was on. 

| i5 7400@3GHz | 8GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | 1TB HDD | Saitek X52 Pro |