Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

DROP DOWN MENU/RED TEXT P3D V5.1 HF1

Looks like you aren't the only one with this problem -- 

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

2 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Any other thoughts please guys?

If you play with your Windows taskbar settings, does that have any impact on it?   There are settings where you can "auto hide" the taskbar and other things. 

This impacts where windows are positioned, particularly if CTRL+ENTER to fullscreen and back again, and all of that might affect the text/menu-bar thing you have going on.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

17 minutes ago, Mace said:

If you play with your Windows taskbar settings, does that have any impact on it?   There are settings where you can "auto hide" the taskbar and other things. 

This impacts where windows are positioned, particularly if CTRL+ENTER to fullscreen and back again, and all of that might affect the text/menu-bar thing you have going on.

I’ll have to check. What setting would I be looking to adjust in taskbar settings?

cheers 

mike

6 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

I’ll have to check. What setting would I be looking to adjust in taskbar settings?

cheers 

mike

Right click on the taskbar and select "Properties".  There should be a bunch of options.  These have an outside chance of affecting that windowed text and the menu bar.

Also look at menu bar size options (rt click on desktop), if they are non-standard it may be an issue.   You don't have WindowBlinds or any sort of user-interface program installed, do you?

Rhett

23 minutes ago, Mace said:

Right click on the taskbar and select "Properties".  There should be a bunch of options.  These have an outside chance of affecting that windowed text and the menu bar.

Also look at menu bar size options (rt click on desktop), if they are non-standard it may be an issue.   You don't have WindowBlinds or any sort of user-interface program installed, do you?

I will check thank you, No not using any sort of interface program.

I just checked and right clicked on win 10 taskbar and not showing properties in the list.

mike

Edited by mikeymike

1 hour ago, mikeymike said:

I just checked and right clicked on win 10 taskbar and not showing properties in the list.

mike

It`s not properties it`s the bottom settings you should check, also what screen res do you use for your monitor this can affect how it fits on your screen. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

It`s not properties it`s the bottom settings you should check, also what screen res do you use for your monitor this can affect how it fits on your screen. 

using native 3840x2160 4k

175%

Mike

1 minute ago, mikeymike said:

using native 3840x2160 4k

175%

Mike

Try 150% in 4K and see what affect it has as your using an MS setting P3D has no control over. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Try 150% in 4K and see what affect it has as your using an MS setting P3D has no control over. 

i have tried 125 150 200 and still no effect lol i am so baffled as to what is causing it.

I am out of options have no idea what is causing this.

Spent  quite a bit of time trying to figure this out.

mike

On 1/8/2021 at 1:08 PM, mikeymike said:

mike

Rt click on taskbar, select "Taskbar Settings"

Rhett

3 hours ago, Mace said:

hi, ok i did that now what lol

ive tried many settings nothing is working

18 hours ago, Mace said:

What was interesting I did try all settings for and tried changing the scaling to 150% restarted P3d and it worked, the text was in the right placement. I then restarted P3d and it was messed up again.

I then changed the scaling to 175% restarted then sim and it was fine.

closed sim and restarted the sim wither same 175% and it was messed up.

im stumped as to why it keeps corrupting it upon restart.

thanks 

mike

Any other thoughts on this please.

I can’t figure it out and it’s driving me nuts lol.

cheers

mike

I don't think it has anything to do with scaling, the text is supposed to move down below the menu bar when that is opened and for 99.99% of us, it always did and still does. Have you considered a repair?